Zenon SDK status

I cleaned everything up. I’ll start contacting more devs for an update tomorrow.

2 Likes

I reached out to @Dumeril on TG for an update on lisp and C/C++. Some time ago he gracefully bowed out of the community. I suspect these are on hold, but let’s see if he gives us an update.

I would also add Dexter’s Typescript SDK to the list.

Just added and did another update. We are waiting for feedback from @Dumeril @2bonahill and @Chace

• Rust looks to be through phase 3 of 5 phases. Update requested
  • I’ve heard that Chace is still working but not 100% sure.
  • Dumeril bowed out a few months ago unfortunately and I think someone will need to pick up C/C++ and Lisp. But I’ve asked for an update on TG.

I updated the list. Looks like Dumeril has confirmed he stopped work on lisp and C/C++. We need to find a new developer to pick up that work.

Here is the Kotlin SDK: GitHub - ItsChaceD/zenon-android: Zenon Network SDK Port to Kotlin (Android)..

Note this is primarily developed for use with Android / Native. If you want to use it with Kotlin multiplatform, some additional logic may be needed to be implemented.

9 Likes

Looks like you update the table. Thank you!!

1 Like

Nice. I think we should try to target multi-platform, but it’s good that we have the foundation.

My proposal will allow for multi-platform development with web technologies through the use of Capacitor. This will allow for any web app (new or existing) to be deployed to web, Android, and iOS without any additional logic. It also is language agnostic, so you can use any web framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.).

The Capacitor plugin that I’m developing will do all of the logic under the hood based on the platform that the device is running. For example, if the user is on Android, the Capacitor plugin will utilize native technologies by routing into the Kotlin SDK. If the user is on iOS, it will automatically utilize the Swift SDK.

The reason for not targeting Kotlin multi-platform is:

1. Can’t deploy to the web.
  2. Although some of the business logic is shared, you would still need to write the UI separately on Android and iOS.
  3. It is likely that the platform-specific implementation for features like Cryptography functions (SHA 3, Ed25519, Argon2), JSON RPC 2.0, Websockets, etc would need to be re-written in Swift anyways.
  4. The Capacitor plugin relies on SDKs that target native Android & iOS.
4 Likes

Bump. Looks like we still have unfinished SDKs …

1 Like

What do SDK developers think of implementing a developers.zenon.org using the Readme.com platform?

Developers would have access to maintain their technical documentations in a space optimized for it. Common documentation patterns for SDKs.

Example: Identify an admin

Been seeing many developer portals use this platform.

• Yay
  • Nay
0 voters

Hey Toby hope you’re keeping well! Is there any update on the Rust SDK- I remember it was near completion last time-round?

I’m updating the Dart SDK to support BigInt. It’s almost ready.

3 Likes

The Dart SDK has BigInt support now.

1 Like

Why are the usedPlasma and basePlasma converted to string in the toJson method, while they are expected to be read as integers?

Also the AmountUtils class is not used anymore. Should it be removed?

I moved the AmountUtils to Syrius codebase. Applications should handle decimals and precision stuff separately.

I followed @MoonBaZe’s BigInt implementation.

I returned those values as String because maybe we’ll treat them as BigInt in the future when dynamic Plasma will be implemented. For the moment int is enough, but you never know.

Updated Dart SDK dependencies to latest version.

Is this the link for Swift accurate?