SYRIUS v0.0.6 Crashes With Embedded Node

Thank you sir, I’ll try reach out to some of those who are experiencing the issue and get them to test this

Just tried it out and can confirm that I can successfully launch Syrius v.0.0.6 with this patch!

Thank you very much gentlemen!

EDIT: turns out I can still only launch v0.0.6 by running znnd separately. I did try to delete the znnlib.dll from the folder and was able to launch but not connect to my embedded node (also after replacing the .dll).

Connecting to a public node however does work. Could be a simple solution for now.

3 Likes

Is the issue fixed? Am still running znnd parallel to syrius 6.

No, I’m still having this issue and can’t use syrius with embedded node anymore.

1 Like

did you guys try this?

Yes I tried that, and tried many other solutions but still crashing.

Might have a solution this weekend.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in testing the patch, please check out the instructions here.
It only applies to Windows*.

I would like a few people to confirm that it’s working as expected, especially those that have not been able to use their embedded node.
I’m syncing mine from scratch and it’s about halfway finished.

* Did anyone report similar problems on MacOS and Linux?

should we test it even if SYRIUS is working as expected?

I would like that confirmation as well, but the priority is to hear from people that cannot run an embedded node right now.

@ZNNAYIID and @SugoiBTC both had the issue

I blew my machine away since I had it so can’t test sorry

What was the issue? Awesome work :pray:

Just wanted to confirm that I’m now able to connect to my embedded node on Syrius v0.0.7 following the instructions, thanks for the fix Sol!

2 Likes

I don’t know the exact cause. I was able to find a workaround but this will need more debugging to avoid a regression in the future.

Awesome! Thanks for testing it!

Edit: Worked for @chief_riverboat too, though his client wasn’t crashing beforehand.

2 Likes