SYRIUS v0.0.6 Crashes With Embedded Node

So is there any fix for syrius crashing on win 10?

If the binary is executed attached to a terminal, it should display the output in the terminal, but in the case of the embedded full node, that’s not the case.

So what exactly is the error? Or is it just crashing/force closing?

Force closing after the splash screen while using the embedded node, other community members reported the same issue. ( works perfectly with znnd or public node)

There’s some local znn logs that should show the error/closure reason, can you either go though the following or send to me layiid?

Appdata\roaming\znn\log\zenon.log
Appdata\roaming\znn\log\error\zenon.error.log
Appdata\roaming\znn\nom\LOG
Appdata\roaming\znn\consensus\LOG
Appdata\roaming\znn\network\LOG

I haven’t encountered the problems reported in this thread, but I’ll try to reproduce these scenarios over the weekend.
I’ve audited the go-zenon and syrius code, as well as the releases produced by github actions, and could not identify a reason why anyone using the most recent files would be encountering a missing spork error.

In the meantime, if any community members would like to expedite a patch, I think debug builds will be helpful for tracking these issues.

Edit: The debug branch/builds I provided did not produce the intended result, though it could still help us troubleshoot the causes for these issues.

4 Likes

The Syrius version from my wallet-connect branch is corrupted (missing libraries).

I checked again Syrius v0.0.6 from the official repo and it has all the required libraries.

What Syrius do you use?

1 Like

Syrius 0.0.6 from the official repo is the origin of this embedded node issue, this thread is not about the walletconnect version.

Ideally, this should be fixed before the bridge launches so we don’t onboard new community members running Windows 10 with a potentially crashing wallet.

4 Likes

@ZNNAYIID if you still have the issue can you check these logs? Or send to me?

Appdata\roaming\znn\log\zenon.log
Appdata\roaming\znn\log\error\zenon.error.log
Appdata\roaming\znn\nom\LOG
Appdata\roaming\znn\consensus\LOG
Appdata\roaming\znn\network\LOG

I launched Syrius v0.0.5 (pretty sure it was 0.0.5) earlier
It started up normally and started to sync up, I was able to check my addresses and everything. When it was over 95% done syncing it crashed so I updated to v.0.0.6 to see if it would fix it and no luck. (I didn’t see it sync 100% but it was atleast 95% of the way)
If I boot up using I think it’s v0.0.3 or maybe v0.0.4 I can enter my password, login and do all the typical stuff, but it fails to connect when trying to enter a new node so it seems to be useless.
When loading up v.0.0.5 now it also crashes (whereas before the node synced I could use it), but I can get the password in and load up the menus and addresses before it crashes (So I get maybe a second or two before crashing, but not enough time to do anything with nodes, even if I disconnect my internet)
When I try to load up v.0.0.6 it immediately crashes at the splash screen, with no chance to enter a password so it seems to be crashing and failing even quicker than the previous version.

1 Like

You need to use the latest version Syrius v0.0.6 for syncing.

The reason it “crashes” is that after a certain point, the network was upgraded and you need the latest node version to be compatible.

Is there anyway I can roll back the syncing data for me to do that? Like deleting the most recent data from the appdata/roaming/znn folders? Or am i expected to delete everything and start over from scratch?

Just run Syrius 0.0.6 and use a public node, or when you have time sync the embedded node from scratch again. I wouldn’t recommend selectively deleting db files to roll back, I don’t think it would work

It crashes before I can do anything to change the node. The last time there was node issues many months back I was able to just disconnect from the internet and it’d still let me in to change the node, but no matter what I do now it crashes.
Error message “Cant start node because don’t have all sporks implemented”

Just had a new guy on TG report the error as well, he’s launching Syrius 0.0.6 from a new directory and getting the following error in the local log:

lvl=crit msg="can't start node because don't have all sporks implemented"

So it definitely seems like an issue with the client not using the correct embedded version of znnd? How does this work exactly - is it bundled within Syrius or stored separately on Windows? Also explains why it works for people if they start manually running znnd 0.0.5 on their PC

1 Like

Exactly as I initially predicted.

All the necessary dlls are are bundled where the syrius.exe is located.

We can verify here all the hashes for all the dlls and syrius.exe.

I’ve chatted with @ZNNAYIID and he has different hashes for the libraries (all of them).

I think for regular users a Windows installer should be a better approach.

Did you figure out what was causing the issues? Should I update my upgrade instructions post?

Yes. You’ll need the latest libznn.dll shipped with the latest syrius package in order to be able to get past the spork activation height. If you have the latest syrius.exe, but an older libznn.dll, it will automatically shutdown when the spork height is reached with the following error message:

Delete the old Syrius folder and zip, download the newest version and run syrius.exe after unzipping it. Make sure the libznn.dll has an identical hash with the latest version v0.0.5 released here (all hashes can be found in SHA256CHECKSUMS.txt)

3 Likes

Downloaded ZNND, launched it and with it open booted Syrius and now it’s working

1 Like