Syrius Improvements

Listings like this is also a form of inbound marketing.

1 Like

I have

go-zenon v0.0.6 = wss://my.hc1node.com:35998
go-zenon v0.0.5 = wss://secure.deeznnodez.com:35998

3 Likes

@sumamu @aliencoder @sol
Did a znn unwrap today.
After redeeming Unwrapped ZNN remained in unrecived transactions even though wallet was fully synced. Changing to hc1 node didnt help.
Restarted syrius, then it arrived.
Its a weird glitch. Never had this issue with receiving staking rewards
why wud this be any different?

Syrius wallet is a complex software with hundreds of thousands of lines of code. Without providing debug logs, I’m unable to help.

How to get the debug log? maybe i cud create it when i unwrap next time

Vilkris fixed this issue in the HyperCore One syrius repo.

It has not been pulled into the “official” repo.

4 Likes

Hey @sol , if aliens PR is accepted for 0.0.7 what are the HC1 teams plan for v0.1.0-rc.1?

Is it difficult to merge the releases?

I’ve added a section for community public nodes where users are able to connect if they want to skip the embedded node sync.

I believe this would be beneficial for new users entering the ecosystem.

From my own experience, I can tell you that new users do not want to wait 24-48h to fully sync the embedded node.

The hardcoded community nodes must be approved by 2 reviewers before they get into the codebase. This ensures that only “trusted” nodes will be available in Syrius. The first public node that I’ve integrated is hc1node from @0x3639:

wss://my.hc1node.com:35998

Can someone please test this feature? Thank you!

Download latest Syrius build for testing.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of this design decision. We could have at least leveraged a dynamic list instead of baking it into the client.

Me neither, but we need a simple solution.

It is the most straightforward way to add/remove nodes leveraging the Github review process.

We will definitely implement a better solution in the future, but at the moment we need a good UX to easily onboard users.

1 Like

I’ve added initial support for badges. You can check the notifications badge in the latest build.

1 Like

how would this work?

does SYRIUS still sync the local node in the background so they could get off the public node if they want?

I still think we need public nodes to accelerate adoption. ETH would have about 1000 users if everyone had to sync and run their own node.

1 Like

@aliencoder I’m testing out the new build. I noticed that my node appears twice in this list. I suspect others will face this if they already have the node added, and it comes in again with the hard coded list.

Looks like I cannot delete the original node. Maybe we should address so the node does not appear twice.

2 Likes

Yes. I think it starts and is syncing in the background. I’ll need to check that.

This happens only for users that have previously added that node. I’ll try to find a way to fix it.

I have decoupled the sync and Plasma generation icons. I’ve also added a badge for the WalletConnect icon.

@nbd I have also fixed the charts, please check them again.

Check out the latest build.

3 Likes

guys latest build has some cool new little notifications, fixes, and improvements.

How about adding a very obvious notification strongly advising the user to switch from the public node to the embedded node after it finishes syncing in the background? Could even use it to educate the user with pros and cons of using an embedded node.

4 Likes

Let’s merge and release Syrius v0.0.7:

@sol @CryptoFish @0x3639 check out my PR:

1 Like

I’m confused. There’s a 0.1.0 already