Syrius Improvements

The BICH DAO newsletter started putting together a list of potential wallet improvements, I thought I would copy those here and add my own suggestions, feel free to add some more even if it’s wish list stuff:

There are many improvements to Syrius wallet that can be worked on immediately which will create great value for the entire community.

• Bugfixes (in general)
  • Address Book
  • Tooltips/Tutorial
  • Autoreceive Options
  • Basic NFT Support
  • Mobile and QR code support
  • Merchant mode/invoicing
  • Hide 0 cost transactions from history
  • Improve A-Z interface for Pillar owners (introduce a voting table with summary of each projects voting)
  • Introduce a hide function in A-Z
  • Some form of auto-sign function for messages
  • Increase font size/location of total ZNN and QSR in wallet
  • Ability to copy wallet balances
  • Ability to switch wallets without having to go to settings (gear icon) – perhaps some more accessible dropdown that’s always visible somewhere?
  • Show total balances across all addresses
  • Claim all delegation rewards from all (relevant) addresses in a single click
  • Ledger integration
  • More feedback from SYRIUS when spawning Sentinel/Pillar
  • Hardware ledger support
  • Scrollbar is only visible when hovering over it. It isn’t immediately apparent how to scroll down or up. Especially with a mouse without scrollwheel.
  • A way to disable or filter notifications
  • Undelegate from all pillars button/can’t undelegate from a pillar that has been dismantled (confirmed possible via cli)
  • Ability to hide/unhide addresses and sort them by ZNN / QSR balance
  • Address whitelisting for auto receive
  • Feature to disable s y r i u s automatic behavior of receiving all transactions in order to filter out unsolicited inbound transactions.
  • Ability to paste with Command + V on MacOS (currently requires to right click + select paste).
  • Introduce a ZIP voting tab in SYRIUS (similar to AZ)

anything else?

3 Likes

Not sure if I’m alone in this, but it would be nice to have more support re: compiling Syrius. If others have encountered issues with the process and found solutions, we could have a sort of FAQ for new devs to consult.

Apart from that, I totally agree with you, there are lots of QoL improvements we can integrate.
One I considered was implementing optional messages in transactions.

1 Like
  • Ability to copy wallet balances
  • Ability to switch wallets without having to go to settings (gear icon) – perhaps some more accessible dropdown that’s always visible somewhere?
5 Likes

Better messaging in Sentinel spawning. It’s not 100% clear that once you post QSR you need to close and reopen the Sentinel page in the syrius wallet.

Happens for pillar spawning as well.

2 Likes
  • Show total balances across all addresses
  • Claim all delegation rewards from all (relevant) addresses in a single click
  • Ledger integration
7 Likes

This request would be very helpful!

2 Likes

have updated the main post with all of the suggestions so far, keep them coming

1 Like
  • Hardware ledger support
  • Scrollbar is only visible when hovering over it. It isn’t immediately apperent how to scroll down or up. Especially with a mouse without scrollwheel.
  • A way to disable or filter notifications
  • Ability to paste with Command + V on MacOS (currently requires to right click + select paste).
  • No way to undelegate when the delegating pillar was removed from the pillar list.
2 Likes

What’s a workaround in the meantime out of curiosity?

1 Like

You can use the znn-cli tool to undelegate.

1 Like

anyone have the cli command handy?

1 Like

.\znn-cli -u ws://node.zenon.fun:35998 pillar.undelegate -k <keystore>

4 Likes

What is the status on the improvements? I’ve got some time to spare and want to sign up to take some items off the list.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if any effort has been directed towards Syrius improvements yet, @devs can anyone comment?

2 Likes

@cryptocheshire and I tried to sponsor some improvements to the az tab and general list representation, but the dev that signed up for it is busy with real-life things. Other than that I don’t know about any efforts.

2 Likes

Has anyone compiled it from source?
I’ve tried several times on Windows and Linux but haven’t been successful yet.

2 Likes

I compiled it on Linux but then there was a problem during runtime; I can’t remember exactly which and haven’t looked into it since, I think after the splash or during login?
What’s your problem?

1 Like