Personification of ZNN - Potential Accelerator Z

I was kicked from the smaller group for posting a link right away. I haven’t been accepted to the 800 person group yet. My TG name is @ScribeZNN.

You have my full support. I’ll help you, to the best of my abilities, to explain all the tech related particularities of this project.

I like what you did with the twitter account and I don’t doubt any of the abilities you mentioned above, but I don’t see how you can convince the pillars to pay you through A Z without proving that this is actually working and that you did bring new members to our community, it’s easy to have a lot of impressions on our tweets these days if you follow the trends (like you did with the $pepe tweet), but it’s difficult to convince them to take a look at Zenon and contribute/invest. Maybe @mehowbrainz can have a better idea than I do in this regard.

1 Like

Are you planning on applying for an AZ grant, brother?

If so, then your approach is fundamentally flawed. Historically, the community (i.e. the pillars) have released AZ funding only after the delivery of a product. If you look at the AZ page (Zenon Tools) then you will notice that in most cases builders tend to apply for funding only after they have delivered their product.

For instance: Vilkris with zenon.tools, digitalSloth with ZenonHub, Aliencoder with his githubs action project and any of the builders working on SDKs. Meanwhile people like George and Sumamu who despite delivering working projects- Atomic Swaps & the Trustless Bridge have not requested funding yet- even though they deserve it.

Continue doing what you’re doing and in time when you can prove how your twitter interactions have benefitted the zenon ecosystem you can request for AZ funding- but the onus of proving so is quite high! We have in the past declined a lot of marketing proposals because they haven’t been able to show how their campaign actually contributes to any proliferation. Please do reach out to @mehowbrainz if you’re considering this- he’s our marketing expert.

Alternatively, if you want funding on a monthly basis then the better approach might be to reach out to individual pillars who’d be willing to fund you from the linings of their own pockets. Reach out to @ZenonORG (they’ve done a lot for NoM and might be open to your works) or even @ZenDAO - I know that he recently made mention of being willing to sponsor a marketing campaign himself.

1 Like

Good recommendations.

I personally like the tweets. I think they are thoughtful and informative. My twitter Algo has me in a NoM doom loop. All I see is NoM stuff, so not sure if the AI doom loop is feeding me my own BS, or I’m getting popular tweets.

Have a look at the AZ submitted for “Learn Zenon” on this forum. That will give you good insight into the response to a similar request.

My brother in Christ- it’d actually be way easier for you to directly approach a pillar to sponsor you (of which there might potentially be a few)- than for you to submit an AZ proposal which would involve convincing a majority of pillars to vote yes on a product that isn’t fully baked yet. Unfortunately, applying to a decentralized project/community for funding means added scrutiny from its members.

I will have to disagree with both @ZNNAYIID and @DrD3 regarding Accelerator-Z. And @mehowbrainz will all due respect is not the marketing gatekeeper.

Finding people to deliver for a community project is very hard, almost impossible in a bear market.

You need to exit your echo chambers and understand that in order for this project to succeed we need more people like @Roreford to move things forward.

@Roreford please go ahead with your application to A-Z and I will try to convince the Pillars that voted my project to cast a positive vote towards your endeavor.

2 Likes

Good luck trying to convince pillars to pay for undelivered project.
This already happened (paying for undelivered projects) and it was a failure, I’m not letting it happen again.
Deliver and show how your project benefited our ecosystem, and you are more than welcome to get your A Z funds.

I think @Roreford’s project represents an ongoing marketing campaign.

Keep in mind that some projects will be ongoing projects (no clear deliverables for the project; milestones/deliverables can be included when you create phases) such as improving the Syrius wallet.

Also I don’t think you quite understand how Accelerator-Z works:

First you create a project with a clear description, objectives and request some funds. Only after the project is accepted, you can submit phases to withdraw funds.

@Roreford and others like him must be encouraged to pitch and create projects. He already committed some resources and delivered some results.

It’s safe to say this can be considered enough to be able to apply for A-Z funding and create a project.

3 Likes

You are giving off a negative vibe man. You seem eager to collect funds by showing a small amount of work. What if you default after getting funds? If you are passionate about this project you would stay and work whatsoever.

Lol now I don’t understand how A Z works.
Sir this twitter account was created 5 days ago, what results are you talking about?
I know that this is an ongoing project, but unlike syrius where you already delivered updated versions, this twitter account still didn’t add any value to our ecosystem yet.
Don’t get me wrong, I like what @Roreford is doing but paying him after only 5 days and few tweets isn’t reasonable at all, and looking at his comments here he wants to get funds asap and doesn’t really care that much about zenon at all.

1 Like

It saddens me to see the situation play out this way. You demonstrated good potential and we need more stakeholders with your initiative.
I hope you reconsider in the future. :alien:

2 Likes

I hope the toxicity part is not about me, I’m just citing what’s best for our ecosystem and A Z funds, but good luck.

Think in terms of months, not weeks

Hopefully some community members will learn a lesson (unfortunately) from this experience.

What I like about this project is that you don’t need anyone’s permission to do things.

I would proceed with the A-Z application regardless and I bet it’ll get accepted.

Take your time and hopefully you’ll reconsider your decision.

2 Likes

There’s a very easy way to put this discussion to rest: prove your worth. Not by content alone, but by showing quantifiable traction. Nobody will oppose funding you if they see you know what you’re doing. There are fully fleshed out guidelines and tools on how to achieve that. All you need to do is use them.

And you can submit an AZ proposal that specifies payout only after certain measurable goals have been reached. Ezpz.

1 Like

You better shoot your shot and propose for A Z. Even if two or three pillars vote against you can still win, don’t listen to the critics, in the end what’s matters is pillars’ vote. I think pillars are willing to risk 100-200 znns for you. I have confidence that you can write a good proposal! Asking for opinion on the forum can be misleading, you get 2,3 critics which make you think it’s the whole pillars community voice. Fight a bit more for you cause! Some people are here for the tech and pure passion, others want just to exchange personal time/potential/brain resources for money and thats great.

1 Like

I hope you make a proposal. You are clearly a good writer. Your AI images are also excellent. I think your proposal will kick off an important conversation we need to have.

Currently, we’ve only approved (1) marketing proposal (I think) for ads that did not have strong support. I personally think we need to experiment with stuff even if we cannot 100% determine the benefit. Sort of like, Fuck Around and Find Out.

Also, if you do it, I recommend you get a Pillar or two to “sponsor” it before you post. That way you can start with some momentum.

1 Like

all we seem to fund around here for efforts are pdfs with AZ, chk your dm @Roreford

5 Likes

Always welcoming to experimental strategies, but proposals should always attempt to step outside of their comfort zones if inexperienced in some aspect of performance marketing. Just showing an attempt to make an effort in that front already helps. In the end it boils down to value driven for the network, and without proof it’ll be hard to maintain funding IMO. It’s easier to get away with it by making vague correlations during a bull market though, treasury/community always seems to be more flexible/forgiving as they ride the high. I suggest to the community to be mindful throughout the upcoming journey.

https://forum2.zenon.org/t/perpetual-ecosystem-growth/1417/42?u=mehowbrainz

1 Like