KASPA - Can we learn anything from them

Call them out. If you believe any alien’s behavior is detrimental to the community, call them out and explain your case (f you care enough about Zenon, that is)

I personally try to be supportive to everyone in the main tg/discord channels. The community channel is a totally different beast, after all, we cannot and should not moderate every channel. It’s part of the ethos we represent, freedom of speech.

3 Likes

I asked @sumamu on a progress today to get wZNN listed in THORNode’s list so that we can do cross-chain swaps.

2 Likes

I also suggested Hydranet before in this forum. Hydranet went live yesterday and lot of people were calling it scam or so. Hydranet team were even willing to listen to our pitch but the people in TG were saying we don’t need to get listed anywhere or its not worth it and all. WZNN is compatible for Hydranet dex its matter of discussing with them but its upto the community.

Also I remember Zenon winning a competition to get listed in Unizen, what happened to that?

That guy disappeared, his Pillar was offline for a long time – though seems online now?

Let’s be a little bit forward thinking and where the market will eventually transition to. If we take the last cycle as an indicator, we can see that Decentralized Exchanges (Uniswap, Pancakeswap, etc) grew at a ridiculous rate in terms of overall cryptocurrency exchange volume, we can easily expect this trend to continue. There are several reasons why cryptocurrency users prefer using a DEX over a CEX even at their currently new, novel, and untested and even unregulated state.

Following that train of thought, it is also reasonable to expect P2P swaps (atomic swaps) finally earning the market volume they deserve as users become familiar with the benefits of a DEX that overlap with them, but there is no “p2p uniswap” since the tech is a lot harder to use for the average Joe. What Zenon has done with P2P swaps is truly remarkable from a UX point of view. If we keep iterating on it and even enable a similar experience directly with BTC, we could even become market leaders in the sector. This is a long shot and highly speculative, but not out of the ream of possibilities, and I see a clear direction from the developers working on the underlying tech to enable said features. I’ve seen even mentions of leveraging other technologies like Nostr to create even more products offerings that “do not exist” anywhere else.

Finally, I’m not against any CEX listing, I believe those add value, but like pointed out earlier, the listing in a vacuum does nothing for us unless there is liquidity/a market maker working for it. I second your thought and the community is trying to rally behind increasing Zenon’s exposure around a single main narrative.

1 Like

This is not my area of expertise, but is there value in funding an MM and getting at least 1 big bang listing? I remember Binance did wonders for RUNE back then (not saying Binance is the solution), but perhaps some other CEX? cc @dat_she_pepe @cryptocheshire

1 Like

I think we will be better positioned to negotiate with a Tier 1 exchange after we have increased our organic marketing efforts and have “more” to show for in terms of volume/users/applications/use-cases/tech/etc.

Once we have slightly more, not even much more, we could leverage stuff like Binance “Builders” grant/program with a proposal to “re-enable” a bridge back to BNB Chain + something big like a direct P2P implementation with native BNB (BEP2) or a vested pillar in exchange for listing/MM/support of any kind.

We should strive to start building the relationships with key industry players and get the conversations going, to figure out what would be the best offer we can make that better suits their needs/wants.

This is exactly what I wrote in the posts above, we need to be seen, otherwise all technology is absolutely useless to us because only we will know about it. Some members try to tweet, but only the same people from the community see it, no one new… we can’t keep saying we’re quietly building and don’t need listings, people in the community will get tired of it over time (probably already happening), they need to see a shift in all directions - development / marketing / price movement / new members/ etc

BTW I am very happy to have another member speak up (non HC member)
This project needs real marketing and listing on selected exchanges. I’m just worried that some ppl will drop it again

2 Likes

I still stand my point about low tier exchanges or project and Hydranet falls into that case. I explained why and then trolled you as described above. If they want to list us, good. If they want us to pay I will thoroughly go through their proposal and probably vote no.

1 Like

We can definitely say we don’t need another Stex-type listing. It hurts more than benefits our goals.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Develop your own marketing skills, or better yet, develop a group of aliens willing to develop their marketing skills and get to work. Or choose any other area of expertise that interest you and think of ways you might add value to the ecosystem while improving your skills.

2 Likes

As I said, listing is a dirty word here and I didnt say a word about Stex-type exchange. Anyway thank you for ironic feedback.

Almost all comments from people who are not in the HC team have been downplayed. Hang in there Hewwo :slight_smile: you are such a counterbalance here

Let’s get back to Kaspa

I don’t think HC has anything to do with this discussion. Everyone here has a valid opinion.

One thing is clear to me, we need to change the way we discuss and market the project. My personal goal is to help define a roadmap so we can develop naratives.

If others are focused on CEX listings, I highly encourage them to go down that rabbit hole. I’ve personally tried to submit the token to several CEXs. I’ve concluded we need more awareness, volume and community members before that will be possible. But please do not take my word for it. I encourage anyone with an idea to pursue it. Your voice is just as loud as mine.

4 Likes

Some feedback from the KAS community.

Founder cult

Can we have a George cult?

Sounds like they are describing zenon

2 Likes

This reads to me as: “Zenon is on the right track.”

I think it’s wise to investigate and see what we can learn, but I don’t assume that the answers for Zenon are to be found in KAS.

The community has evolved tremendously. We hold every idea accountable and every idea that is tabled receives intelligent discourse. I for one don’t mind that oftentimes my ideas get a mixture of everything from brash dismissal to memes.

I don’t know what it’s like in KAS but the crypto world is pretty rough around the edges and really it’s only soft and cozy when you’re riding green candles. Zenon public chat channels will be vapid and friendly throughout our meteoric rise and then the current channels will get locked due to spam. OGs will transcend to the citadel.

I was told by a new joiner, “Zenon is hard core.” Indeed, Zenon is a crew of hard core motherfuckers.

I should also state that I almost never go into the Zenon Community channel, anymore. So I’m speaking for my community experience in the forum, Zenon Main, and Discord. I think it’s good that each channel has it’s own flavour.

Why?

3 Likes

They are going after bitcoin as a superior medium of exchange. Not sure if they believe they are a better store of value. I have not seen that assertion.

What I’m learning from this project is they have a simple narrative that is easy to understand and it connects with the community. Bitcoin is slow, Kaspa is fast.

I’m going to start a new thread so we can work on our narratives.

1 Like

This really is an ambitious goal to replace BTC.

One take away here, they are claiming to be “more secure than BTC”. We all know this is not true, but I think the point is they are selling a narrative. Just because they are not more secure today, does not mean they cannot sell their vision to be more secure in the future.

They are selling a dream with that statement, not necessarily the reality.