KASPA - Can we learn anything from them

I’ll also throw this out there: I don’t expect that we have many in the community willing to take such roles. Instead, I would’ve had expected Pillar operators to use some of their earnings to build/hire/fund stuff for the community. #HyperGrowth Pillar is putting all of its rewards into marketing tech dev. All. Is it a lack of execution skills or greed by network participants? Probably a bit of both.

Fair point about some Pillars being more greedy than others.

I’d like to think of Zenon as a holding company that owns a bunch of micro-businesses. Network participants, as micro-business owners in this analogy, should favor wearing multiple hats at this stage of development/growth.

A bad marketing video/post attempt is better than nothing. Additionally, since we are all in the same boat together, it’s in our own best interest to help each other achieve better outcomes by sharing our knowledge and skills with the rest.

It’s true that decentralization sometimes makes us inefficient, but it’s not hard to see a future where it’s our strongest value proposition as well.

2 Likes

@mehowbrainz check dm

1 Like

Aside from the method used, community should ask themselves: what do I want to promote? What kind of network participant do I want to attract?

*Delegators
*Stakers
*LPs
*Pillars
*Sentinels
*SYRIUS Node Runners

or do I want to attract professional roles?

*Developers
*Marketers
etc

1 Like

See this https://kaspa.org/contributors/

1 Like

Seems like many hats are worn.

KAS Narrative

NoM Narrative

• NoM processes 10 tx/second today
  • NoM will process ??? tx/second very soon
  • NoM roadmap is > 100k tx/second by Phase 1

After the roadmap is vetted, we can (should) start explaining our vision.

1 Like

They are trying to be digital money. So I assume they are competing w/ Bitcoin. They claim to solve the trilema.

Watch how she describe KASPA. I started at the explanation. She actually does a good job explaining this project in a pretty simple way.

If we don’t find who pumped them all those words about their fundamentals (lol) are useless.

2 Likes

What if a few “organic” content creators from the project are a requirement as part of their selective criteria for an actor like that to get involve in the first place? After all, he’ll need exit liquidity at some point.

MC without accounting for liquidity can be misleading. It wouldnt take much more than a few 100k to get znn to several hundred m in market cap

Their market is liquid enough. Elephant Money keeps pumping too, even in bear, only up and they have 44m liquidity.

I do not believe their narrative. I don’t think they are a faster Bitcoin (“digital silver”).

Shai looked into them too and heard they mostly grew by miners getting involved with a front end loaded emission schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens as emissions drop and we hit the bull run in a few years.

1 Like

I’d push further in saying I don’t believe their narrative is what pumped them. There must have been huge economical interest from miners or small groups of miners to pump this.

2 Likes

This might go mute but I gotta say some of the community members in Zenon TG heavily prompted me to jump ship from Zenon to Kaspa a month back. I used to be part of Zenon since like 2019 and I was probably the first person lock all my ZNN for staking 12 months lock up because I believed in the project. The problem is some of the vocal community members act with holier than thou attitude and discourage any conversations about the possibility of bringing Zenon into some exchanges.
Every conversation whether asking about doubts, information or anything else turn into jokes and memes. Also the community act like the masses are supposed to find this project like its the Akashic record or something. Drop the ego down a peg even if the project is good and try to market it otherwise no-one will care about it. An average joe who looks at the Zenon chart will be heavily discouraged into investing into the project.

If you want to see why Kaspa succeeded so much because their latched onto the narrative of solving trilemma and being the silver to Bitcoin’s gold. Also their community doesn’t have severe ego and turn every conversation into jokes and memes. That said I still say I love Zenon over Kaspa.

4 Likes

Good feedback. Thank you for sharing. After reading the KAS discord I agree the tone of conversation is different. I hope we can work on our own narrative now that we are working towards a roadmap. Maybe that will rally the community behind a common goal.

If people turn your wish to list on random exchanges into memes maybe it’s because the idea is not really bright and a lot of people explained the why and how numerous time before they got bored reading the exact same idea over and over. I fail to see how listing on low tier exchanges with no market making will do more than diluting the thin liquidity we have.

I didn’t say people were memeing about the exchanges. I said anyone asking doubts, information related to the project were returned with memes and jokes and completely diverting from the conversation at hand but hey if its the kind of direction the project wants to go don’t let me stop anyone.

On this you’re right. There are cultish vibes in ZNN and they should be kicked away for numerous reasons. I still see some people throwing “DAG” “META” “DAO OF DAO” “DUAL COINS” “LEDGER” in random orders to try en enforce their vague hope of an incoming pump on newcomers. This is bad.

Also look from a new user standpoint an average joe who wants to get into Zenon. They can only buy ZNN through OTC or buy a wrapped version of the token. Both are not an ideal way to get into the project. Hence why I suggested a entry point of exchanges but I guess its hard to get listed into one even so there any plans do it in the future? I feel those are rational questions from an investor standpoint. Kaspa chased exchanges to get listed and one T1 exchange was crowfunded by the community to get listed, not at all downplaying the aspect of a needing a sound community but it shouldn’t gatekeep an average investor. At it stands now Kaspa is far inferior to Zenon but it has a solid ground to pursue its roadmap meanwhile we are chasing roadmaps after roadmaps. The tech is there for Zenon I think the community should focus a little bit on marketing.

4 Likes