As we discussed marketing ideas here Self sustaining Accelerator Z - #17 by ChadassCapital we came up with the idea of a game as mentioned in the message below:
There’s only two marketing ideas that I see working in this market right now:
- One is to attract new devs with funding or great features they can build on.
- Two is to build something people actually use. For now we only click “collect rewards” and that’s it. Build a SIMPLE cool game on top of the FEELESS network we have and normies would realize the advantage of the NoM over others. A simple game can be built within a few days in a gamejam (agar.io is (was?) a good exemple). It can be incentived with player’s money; people putting money in a PvP, earning whatever others lose and you build a userbase with an actual product. Bam, marketing on without the cringe of "my coin’s better [insert_buzzwords]
Food for thoughts. I’d vote an absolute yes to any good game idea that can actually be built and is fun. BTC Machine got a simple game the community is having fun on and their community is almost 40k people. We could learn from that.
To extend the conversation further and allow more in-depth discussions, I will present a few SIMPLE games that I think are relatively easy to fork, sometimes with a few improvements compared to what the NoM can do for players.
I will assume our games need a few things to be interesting:
- Good gameplay loops. A good gameplay loop should be simple, fun and rewarding.
- Interesting learning curve. The learning curve should allow anyone to progress with practice without getting stuck on impossible tasks for too long, which would hurt the gameplay.
- Good for ZNN or QSR The gameplay should allow us to think of an interesting economy that benefits the NoM, within the game.
- Easy to build. This recoup a few sub considerations; do we need a top designer to make it works? Does it needs a well balanced complex gameplay with different kind of characters? Does it needs a sound engineer to be fun? Does it needs original musics? etc.
Therefore, the perfect fit should be fun, shouldn’t need an army of designers, should be tokenomics-compatible, and shouldn’t need GBs of content to be fun.
I already have a few candidate in mind:
- https://agar.io : This one is almost a perfect fit. It’s an old PvP game where you play a sort of cell that needs to eat smaller cells (players) to grow. We can imagine that to play, one must drop 1 ZNN in; eating other players is literally eating their ZNN. It doesn’t need fancy design, complex graphics, and if well done, it can be immediately fun. I have no idea if it’s still trendy, but this is a good analogy of trading to anyone who has been liquidated by Sam Bankman at least once.
- Any chess game : I see you’re a boomer.
https://playbtcwar.com : This one is a good fit, but it needs more work on the design side. Graphics and music should be good to make it worthwhile. The player can send 1 ZNN per game, the good old arcade game style. At the end of a given timeframe, the best player wins it all.
- Stick Fight: The Game on Steam This one could be fun too. Stickman battle style, it doesn’t need a complex balance between characters as we all play the same. Enter with x ZNN and earn the ZNN of players who lost.
You get the idea. Each of those examples is just an example, and each of those can be tweaked so a small fee goes back toward A.Z or whatever. I strongly believe we should avoid the easy way, the dull way, and the boring way if we want to make some noise. We need something catchy.
There might be way more interesting games for us to look at and if I’ve been a player for a long time I might not know them all so feel free to share and let’s discuss the what and how.
Some good games can be built in a week. Any kind of DeFi product would take months and age to review. Most chain simply can’t allow gaming to exist, this could be a way to communicate better. Better than a thousand words.