Community Marketing Initiative

I’ve seen countless salesmen gurus and experts desperately failing in crypto so it might not be as agnostic as you think it is. I mean, look at ZNN.

Let’s not reference sample pools of losers.

Here are some examples of winners of both direct and indirect partnerships:

-Polygon x Stripe
-Polygon x Nike
-Solana convincing Helium to switch networks and securing a T-Mobile deal in the process
-Near Protocol x SailGP
-dYdX moving from ETH to Cosmos
-RNS.ID and the entire country of Palau
-BTC and the entire country of El Salvador

Unlike other L1s, we wouldn’t be selling dogshit and if we’re all on this forum than obviously we believe in NoM. Sales is an extension of this belief and any failures along the way are just learnings/data points, not a death sentence.

Is that why Polygon striking one massive deal after another with some of the biggest brands out there? All they do is enterprise sales. Their tech is shit but they don’t try to pretend knowing better how to sell to those who matter.

You obviously have 0 ideas about what’s going on behind the scene on Polygon. Heard about network? Do you even know who was their MM who gave them this kind of PA? All I heard about ZNN and marketing is about Twitter campaigns and normies targeted marketing. If you talk about facilitators, then it’s a different story.

Count me in.

1 Like

Same. But really we’d need the L1 finished to look serious towards reviewers and people with a bit of a crypto background

2 Likes

If we go by this logic, we’ll never be “done”. The foundation is already here, there are only a few components that need to be finished.

There are already countless things that NoM has and other networks don’t. Why do you like limiting yourself?

1 Like

Count me in on any of the AMAs.

And @aliencoder is right, there is plenty to offer. Many projects have long term horizons that sync up perfectly with NoM evolution.

Prime example of long cycle sales are Boom (founded 2014) supersonic jets and first customer flights with United slated for 2029. That’s 15 years of preparation and their sales team is the best in the biz.

There are many L1s who have grown/marketed with much less. This is our moment/inflection point but we have to all get on the same page to seize it and row in the same direction.

1 Like

Exactly. 90% of L1s are about “scalability” and “1 trillion TPS”, but very few offer decentralization and enhanced security (through PoW).

Also 90% of L1s are actual companies (backed by VC money) that can disappear tomorrow if they run out of funds or due to regulatory pressure.

We have something that they will never have: principles & an actual community.

4 Likes

I don’t know. The sentinels implementation seems kinda important no ? In its current state the NoM is a traditional dPOS network at 10 tps. I’m unable to shill that unless I’m missing something important.

2 Likes

Then stop downplaying others’ efforts or find another thread to spew this. Don’t let your excuses/criticisms be a scapegoat for actually doing work, esp. on the forums.

It saps the energy out of all the other constructive efforts.

1 Like

At the moment we have a stable network that didn’t have any downtime in 1.5 years. Very few networks can claim this.

I’m sure Sentinels will come after the dynamic Plasma is implemented and tested, so they can actually process PoW links - at the moment Plasma generation via PoW works well enough with a small user base.

MrK suggested switching to an ASIC resistant algo before implementing Sentinels anyway.

I don’t think you understand the network architecture at all.

Let me explain it for your: delegators in NoM are not delegating/staking like in “traditional” dPoS networks.

Keep in mind that dPoS networks are leader based: one leader is elected per round to create a block and can be DDOS’ed (that’s why Solana is crashing every time).

Also the validation of transactions is based on Plasma and the PoW adds up to the ledger’s weight. This is important in fork resolution to know which ledger is the heaviest - only Bitcoin and PoW networks have this concept implemented and it’s called “longest chain of most accumulated proof-of-work”.

Therefore Pillars are not participating in a dPoS consensus.

This is a hardcoded cap that will be easily lifted when dynamic Plasma is implemented.

I suggest you re-read the whitepaper (DYOR) and you’ll understand more and FUD less.

3 Likes

Then stop downplaying others’ efforts or find another thread to spew this. Don’t let your excuses/criticisms be a scapegoat for actually doing work, esp. on the forums.

It saps the energy out of all the other constructive efforts.

I’m trying to point out flaws and what’s needed - according to me and what happens when I talk about Zenon to non normies - for being able to look relevant. Stop crying each time you don’t see a blind shiller. The more criticism we have between us, the best we’ll look when we go outside of our own bubble.

I don’t think you understand the network architecture at all.

Let me explain it for your: delegators in NoM are not delegating/staking like in “traditional” dPoS networks.

Keep in mind that dPoS networks are leader based: one leader is elected per round to create a block and can be DDOS’ed (that’s why Solana is crashing every time).

Also the validation of transactions is based on Plasma and the PoW adds up to the ledger’s weight. This is important in fork resolution to know which ledger is the heaviest - only Bitcoin and PoW networks have this concept implemented and it’s called “longest chain of most accumulated proof-of-work”.

Therefore Pillars are not participating in a dPoS consensus.

If someone can write a short article about how the network really work, something technical, it’ll help a lot. Because what I wrote above does reflect other’s views when I talk about Zenon.

To answer the technical, Pillars are producing blocks, right?

I suggest you re-read the whitepaper (DYOR) and you’ll understand more and FUD less.

This is exactly my point. The WP has little to do with the actual network. (According to George, and the absence of Sentinels, Sentries role being undefined, etc.)

EDIT: If you label anyone who kinda look down at the state of an unfinished product as a fudder, don’t be surprised if we’re 30 community members since 2 years. I challenge you, I get it, but don’t get me wrong toward what I mean and want. My points will be brought by others, as they have been brought to me. Nobody is going to read an outdated WP.

1 Like

Now I understand that part of the whitepaper with the “balance of PoW between CPU friendly / ASIC friendly”: user PoW must be CPU friendly (users don’t have specialized hardware), while ASIC friendly PoW can be powered by merged-mining.

4 Likes

The technical documentation will help a lot to address some of the above.

1 Like

I can help with that after I finish current work.

80% of what is in the whitepaper is also in the code (dual-ledger, Plasma, etc). The remaining 20% are implementation details that I believe this community will deliver for Phase 1.

This thread was started to address exactly this specific issue.

You don’t need to challenge me. Challenge yourself and be constructive with what you can do, while helping others deliver what they consider to be the best for this community.

2 Likes

Yes, and I’m telling you that I’m facing the criticism above when I talk to people in private group about Zenon. Those guys wont read a WP, and aren’t coders at all. As said above, the tech doc might help. My points remain valid and has not to be taken as criticism towards contributors. It’s how the actual state of the implementation is being read. There are quite a few more steps needed to be taken seriously. Right now, we’re being seen as a dPOS network. Either they’re right or wrong is not important, when the L1 is more advanced those criticisms will fade, in the meantime the technical documentation would need to be crystal clear about that.

So, the technical docs might well be our best marketing tool? It update the WP by taking away all the outdated information while being readable for non coders too.

Why would a tech doc help people who don’t read a WP or are coders? Maybe there’s an audience mismatch in your outreach strategy

Because most of the people in this field can’t read code but have a good high level understanding of what blockchains are or can be. Also, attention span, a clear docs is easy to digest. A highly technical WP, not that much.