Community Marketing Initiative

Here’s a good starting point

https://twitter.com/znnayiid/status/1511430378694787083?s=20

This is good but I’d say the smart contracts part is kinda unnacurate. It helps as a starting point though, for sure. I’m eager to be able to share the docs in hope it’ll bring more right people in.

I get it. Probably they also think other networks like Solana or Cardano are not dPoS networks.

Solana Docs: “Stakers are rewarded for helping to validate the ledger. They do this by delegating their stake to validator nodes”

Cardano Docs: “Anyone who owns ada can participate in stake delegation while retaining their spending power. Note that you can spend your ada normally at any time, regardless of how you delegated it. This mechanism will enable stakeholders to participate in the slot leader election process in each epoch. Stake delegation gives rise to stake pools that act in the similar way to mining pools in the Bitcoin protocol. Stake pool operators (SPOs) must be online to generate blocks if they are selected as slot leaders.”

@dat_she_pepe please ask your friends to run a full node for Solana or Cardano.

If they can’t (Solana blockchain is tens of TB of data), send them a link with Syrius and tell them that Zenon’s wallet has an integrated full node that syncs up the network from genesis.

please ask your friends to run a full node for Solana or Cardano.

They’re not masochists ser.

Ok. Let them connect to a “free” RPC node using a “Metamask Web3 wallet” that can censor their txs and sniff out their IP & metadata, while collecting their balances and tx history in a database that will be breached by hackers and get blackmailed in the next bullrun.

My pessimism sees them using wZNN and Metamask.

Most do not care, most will keep using metamask because of network effects and UX, and most only need a convincing argument that zenon is better - by magnitudes - through a single, compelling reason or use case.

Trying to convince people through a multitude of “marginally” better features is a losing sales strategy and always has been (google “sell me this pen”). Most people wont run nodes, don’t care about privacy or decentralization, or let alone understand why they should. Most people in this space are in it to trade & speculate on narratives.

That narrative needs a single, key differentiator. In our case it’s “Feeless Ethereum for Bitcoin”. Thats it. If we can back it up by an actual implementation and some KOLs buying in publicly, most other nuances/benefits of the network (sadly) become secondary to irrelevant to the majority of investors. All people will then care about is UX.

Killer apps do a SINGLE thing massively better than everyone else. They don’t win because they do many things “just” better.

This applies to undifferentiated investors, aka the majority of market participants which lead to green candles, which leads to adoption by builders etc.

We can specifically cater to the needs of onchain traders if zenon allows them to extract alpha.

But as long as we focus on the niche market of hardcore techies & decentralization maxis, it will be difficult to scale adoption. BUT all the features these people care about are critical for the long term prosperity of zenon

2 Likes

The killer dApp for ETH were 1) smart contracts capabilities VS Bitcoin which looked lame to speculators eager to taste a new narrative 2) YFI and the first DeFi products for them to keep betting and 3) BAYC to tiktok it.

Let’s do better.

1 Like

Ideas?

I’m still unable to grasp the scope of Unikernels but I’ve been told it’s big. However I don’t know how exactly it can be game changer. Maybe it needs to be pushed more? I vaguely remember Vitalik tweeting about Unikernels being the next big thing in crypto but can’t find that back.

https://twitter.com/satsnames/status/1671186013006315521

2 Likes

Consider the following: Telegram: Contact @zenonnetwork

I can already see every pillar cringing at the idea. Whether or not you support the initiatives (plural), people will use Zenon for data storage eventually. I believe this is Zenon’s “killer” feature.

We have a few solutions that can be achieved today, or we can wait to off-load this utility onto a non-EVM side chain. Either way, we’ll probably want dynamic plasma and pruned nodes.
Of course, service providers need to be compensated. We’ll address this as we go.

Unikernels are an interesting use case, though I’m unsure how we’ll integrate them into the network. Definitely worth its own discussion.

1 Like

AFAIK Unikernals are not being used in prod save for a very few cases. Anything we produce here would be limited to POV.

Something that could help

4 Likes

I enjoy Nostr zapathon. NOM would be perfect for something like that down the road.

1 Like

Meaning the killer app for crypto is being able to exchange value globally instantly without fees or intermediaries - if we did something like zapathon we could push x# transactions (ZNN QSR ZTS bridge from BNB ETH) no fees no downtime - we could do that now to some degree

People don’t care about decentralization and therefore they use PayPal just as good for this kind of need. It’s not a killer app.

HC1 has started looking into using Nostr as a solution to facilitate PTLC and cross-chain matchmaking opportunities. We’ve been side-tracked with other work recently and have limited capacity to focus on every task.

While I think Nostr will allow us to more easily transfer value into/out of Zenon, the feeless property (the “killer”) is limited to the boundaries of the network.
We could launch a Damus clone for aliens, showcasing feeless, but I’m not sure if it will impress enough people on its own. We’ll almost certainly have this one day, when we gain enough momentum.

The question I ask myself is: what can we do within our ecosystem that is better than anywhere else?
I have a few ideas, but I digress.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
I won’t try to dissuade or discourage marketing efforts, but I think it will be challenging at this time.
Gameify the experience, let new participants earn rewards, and help them see that we have something special here.
It’s just not fully baked yet. Set expectations accordingly.

3 Likes

The infographic is not 100% accurate. The consensus should be Hybrid PoS/PoW based on Virtual Voting.

System Smart Contracts: Embedded Contracts for NoM and No for the rest
User Smart Contracts: Extension Chain for NoM and same for the rest

3 Likes