Zenon professional documentation

Project Name: Zenon Documentation → docs.zenon.network

Description: A professional, clean documentation for NoM users, node runners and developers.

Explain why your project is vital to the success of Zenon, both in the short and long term?

Every successful project has a clean, comprehensive documentation to onboard users, node runners and developers. All the information about NoM in a single place.

URL: The repo will initially be hosted on AliensZone organization.

Team: @aliencoder @0x3639

Phases

Phase 1

Write the documentation.

Completion of Phase 1 will be measured by:

• Delivering the documentation

Phase 2

Proof-reading the documentation.

Completion of Phase 2 will be measured by:

• Moving the documentation to the official Github repository.

Funding

Total Requested Funding = 5000 ZNN and 50000 QSR
Project Duration = 2 weeks

Project and Payment Milestones:
Phase 1
Funding Request: 50% (2500 ZNN and 25000 QSR)
Duration: 10 days

Phase 2
Funding Request: 50% (2500 ZNN and 25000 QSR)
Duration: 4 days

Other Information

Risks, Assumptions, Known Issues, Dependencies: What are the variables and dependencies? Do you have contingency plans for significant assumptions, variables, and dependencies?

No external dependencies.

Have you previously submitted a proposal (either in Accelerator-Z or Incubator)?

Several projects so far, all of them approved and paid out.

5 Likes

Why is this worth 5000 ZNN and 50000 QSR?
Phase 2, currently valued at ~$3500, is a matter of forking a repo and setting up the docs subdomain.

Hell yeah, thanks for this.

1 Like

Are you proposing you can do it for cheaper and of the same standard? Cos I’d be interested to know how much sir?

1 Like

I’m not proposing anything. If I wanted to do this work, I’d have already submitted my bid.
As for standards, aliencoder has not demonstrated the quality of the documentation so we’d be speculating about whose work would be better. I’m not interested in that.

Look, the scope is somewhat vague and the second phase is… grifty.
All I’m asking is why should this be worth a sentinel today.

Why wouldn’t it?

What if the full project was submitted as one phase for 5000/50000?

Easy yes

1 Like

You’ve missed proof-reading.

I’ll include anyone that wants to join (I’m inviting @0x3639 @cryptocheshire @Stark @mehowbrainz) to proof-read the documentation and I’ll happily share the second phase with active contributors.

5 Likes

As much as I’d like to help, code is alien language to me. But I know that other aliens need to be able to interpret it to make it easier to build on zenon

If there are tutorials or any general copy, I will be happy to contribute and support, by offering proofreading and bridging gaps that may not be obvious to beginner or intermediate users.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking on this long overdue but critical task!

First step to on boarding the next 10,000 devz.

2 Likes

Unfortunately… we really needed a single place for all NoM related info.

Both user and developer onboarding is the focus of this documentation. Even 100x less onboarded devs than what you say will make a difference.

1 Like

I’d be happy to contribute once the bulk is done:

• I have my own internal documentation for orchestrator, supernova and pillar operations, would be nice to compare and improve. I rewrote my own supernova documentation for better clarity on steps, as it’s a tricky and detailed process.

• I can link to the docs as the main community-maintained source from zenon.org / funnels.

No payment is required to me @aliencoder

3 Likes