Zenon Games

Give us some examples then

I think we are all waiting for this and everything will depend on it.

1 Like

Thanks for the proposal it sounds to me like a good initiative to grow the network participation and gain some exposure.

Your list of examples is strong but also a lot, so to get the process started and keep payments/proposals at a reasonable rate what about starting with a single game/concept to build some rapport with the community?

At first glance I have to wonder why pay a pillar for Zenon Games that may or may not move the needle?

Why not submit a much smaller amount for a POC Zenon Game. If that goes well, then this proposal starts to make more sense to me.

Or even better, launch a lightweight game on your own not beholden to any AZ process then use that as a qual for a larger ask.

4 Likes

This makes sense to me. As I stated before, we did the twitter gamez and learned a lot by just doing one. Doing 10 at the same time could be overwhelming. Do one, engage, build audience, and iterate.

Can you confirm these are off-chain games? Or are you planning to leverage the extension chain in the work by @aliencoder Wanted to let you know it’s unlikely an embedded contract to run games would be approved and/or adopted by pillars / nodes. Kaine explicitly recommended against this.

1 Like

I know bunch of devs in crypto and in dozens of developer communities where finding devs is a breeze.

Like I said If there’s anything I need help with or can not do there is the whole zenon community that can help, or I can find the right people.

Yea I think a lot of you are misunderstanding the proposal, I posted it to see what the community thinks of it, Not how to accomplish it.

will probably delete proposal with in 24 hours

Can’t confirm or deny anything. All research and development would be done in phase1.

Really just posted this to see what community thinks!

appreciate the feedback, if you have more please post it!

Ill probably delete it soon anyways!

Interpreting the how through your funding request which is 10kznn before we have any product in market. However you do this I reocmmend start small and scale.

Another thing on my (and I am sure others) minds is we had a near-perfect twitter games prior to alphanet with seamless syrius and twitter integration. That generated some buzz but at the end of the day here we are back at the same marketcap years later. In other words, features will likely take priority for many funding request IMO

1 Like

Appreciate the proposal and would love to see more engagement / games etc dont get me wrong - timing may be tough for large funding request in this arena though is all I am saying.

1 Like

Sorry to keep going, but I think my conclusion on the recent Twitter Gamez we ran was it generated twitter activity, but it’s a little like a sugar high: activity went up but I’m not sure it’s sticky.

I think it would be interesting to run a few tests: for example trivia night on discord. Post stupid questions and community answers. First to get it right wins. I’m sure people will donate for a pot. Ramporeum did this and it was funny as hell and pretty fun.

So my recommendation is run some cheap / free tests and get some pillars to donante to run them.

2 Likes

I have edited the proposal and removed funding.

Hope is discussion will continue focusing on the project. Not the funding, Understood too many emotions revolve around funding at the moment.

3 Likes

We are an emotional bunch :slight_smile:

1 Like

It does seem like a lot of people do not understand the power of Advertising and Influencer Marketing. Affiliate marketing Will Not Work due to various factors. It needs to be targeted to an audience.

A big part of this project was going to be targeted ads. Goal was to attract new members this way new eyes will looking at the project and if they are unaware of the project the games might get them to stick around, if there are games and prizes every week/month.

Ive seen no one talking about targeted marketing for Zenon, I get why, the project should sell it self if it is good enough. Just like Affiliate marketing, It has bad dogma around it for certain things that might turn people away. I understand it would look weird if Zenon started doing this. But Zenon Games - part of the network but also separate use case, can definitely pump out ads as we are promoting playing games for prizes and nothing too serious.

2 Likes

Please explain

1 Like

it would be great if you could bring some to zenon, they can help to build faster the core things

1 Like

I personally think the community is not big, active, or dedicated enough to take the Affiliate marketing approach yet. Later on as the project and community grows yes, it might be a good then. But now its not practical IMO. Affiliate requires dedicated individuals with good incentives to keep them going. Targeted marketing has a much higher ROI at this moment IMO. I love the Idea of organic and natural growth, but in some cases its like hoping for a miracle to happen. I’m not saying affiliate marketing is a bad idea at all, I just think there is a certain time and place for it, I do not think this is the right time and place for it.

discuss

I’m not going to read your copy pasted chat gpt answers.

I’ll vote no

1 Like

edited out chat gpt part for your convenience !

There is no funding requested and no voting available, this is meant for community discussion!