How many of us spent numerous hours trying to crack the puzzle? ZNNAliens still talk about it to this day.
Let’s revive this initiative and crowd-source the reward.
It’s easy to market and will definitely attract peoples’ attention.
At the time, the reward was 4,745 QSR. We should be able to meet/exceed this sum.
The question is: how do we manage the funds?
- Deposit the funds into the Treasure Hunt address.
- Pros: simple, trustless, direct funding for the winner
- Cons: incentivizes bruteforcing, no refunds
- Entrust a member of the community with custody
- Pros: flexible refunds, simple solution
- Cons: subject to rugging
- Coordinate with AZ in order to pay out the reward when the objective is met
- Pros: trustless custody and payment
- Cons: inflexible refunds, prize/donation ledger will probably be maintained off-chain (subject to data loss)
- 1 - fund treasure hunt address
- 2 - trusted custodian
- 3 - AZ custody
In terms of acceptance/win criteria, I strongly suggest that the winner must both:
- unlock the treasure wallet
- publish the solution
If anyone is wondering how AZ can be leveraged here:
- The protocol for refunds must be established beforehand
- A ledger of donations will be maintained in a public space by a small number of trusted people
- For example, a thread on this forum
- Aliens donate ZNN/QSR directly to the AZ Treasury and create a reply to the thread with the transaction hash
- After the hash is validated as a donation to AZ, that amount is added to the Treasure Hunt’s prize (on paper)
When someone solves the puzzle, they submit an AZ proposal for the amount pledged to the initiative.
That’s all I have. Feel free to suggest other options.