Syrius - Bug fixes - Wallet not synching or erroring out

At the time of writing the current release of Syrius is 0.0.5 - if you are experiencing any issues and are not using the newest version then please try updating the wallet first.

One key change in 0.0.3 was the introduction of the embedded node (also included in subsequent versions), where Syrius syncs and runs its own node for interacting with the NoM. At first launch it will need to sync the delta or entire momentum history which can take some time (you can monitor this via the status circle on the top right of the wallet)

If problems still persist you may need to reset the Syrius cache to get it working.

• In Windows, browse to %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\znn
  • This is where your wallet configuration and cache files are located
  • Select and delete everything except for the wallet folder and network-private-key file
  • Re-launch Syrius, it will start a new sync and when completed should work correctly
1 Like

After downloading Syrius version 0.0.3 / 0.0.4 for the first time you need to set the Syrius wallet to use the embedded node:

Go to :gear: Settings > Nodes > Select ‘Embedded Node’ and click ‘confirm’. Syrius will now use the embedded node to talk to the network and update your balances etc.

If it is slow to sync, check how many peers are connected at the momentum ring in Settings tab. Quitting and re-launching Syrius will force it to load fresh, possibly faster peers.

#feedback sounds like a force-reload function in the Peers tab can also be handy ^^ probably switching the node also resets the peers now that I am thinking about it.

Syrius 0.0.6 in win 11 fails to sync. Was working when it was installed. Not now. Public nodes are fine.

Deleting files and letting it resync didn’t work with 0.0.5. Shud i try that again. I don’t think I will work

If you’re connected to the internet, to at least 8 peers and you have free space on your disk, but the full node still doesn’t sync, it’s usually a sign of corrupted database. You can resync from scratch by closing the full node and restarting it after deleting the following directories: nom, network, consensus.

2 Likes

@aliencoder @sol @CryptoFish maybe you guys could add a button in syrius to do that.

You could also add that checks if the node isn’t synced and if the conditions are met for it to be syncing, but no progress is made after a few minutes and in that case show the user a notification.

3 Likes

So corrupted database.
Happening in same machine repeatedly. That machine has some booting and crashing issues. Maybe that’s the reason

installed a new antivirus a few days back- norton 360. Issues started since
I have added syrius and znnd 0.0.5 to firewall exclusions
I deleted the files and reopened syrius for resyncing. Its not connecting to peers.

znnd also not syncing

Is this a clean install? If not, close the wallet and znnd, delete the znnd’s ledger data and see if it starts syncing.

i deleted everything in the znn folder except syrius and wallet.
Not synching

Add the following ports as firewall exceptions: 35990-35999

I did the following
Uninstalled the antivirus
added both znnd and syrius.exe exceptions to windows firewall
Added ports 35990-35999 to both inbound and outbound rules

its been 10mins , no peers found. I will let it run for 1 hr and update again.

Its strange considering how it ran without issues initally & stopped recently. This is a win 11 machine.
Running an embedded node is frustrating . In my win 10 machine i have to run znnd in parallel for the syrius 6 embedded node to work.

You don’t need to run znnd separately, it was a DLL issue that was causing the issue on Win10, aliencoder fixed it up and wrote a post about it

1 Like

Issue is with my win 11 machine .
I deleted the entire app data folder. Created a fresh install of syrius 6. Still same result- No peers found

syrius is added to windows defender exclusions, Antivirus was uninstalled.

Check windows firewall too, adding to exclusions won’t bypass precious firewall rules/blocks

i had already added exclusions in windows firewall

reinstalled norton, added firewall exceptions, port exceptions, app exceptions. Now wallet is connected to peers and syncing
:v:

1 Like

Just a reminder that the syrius crashing issue is still there and not fixed yet. The issue is not from my pc since all the previous versions are working flawlessly with the embedded node, and some other community members still facing the same issue.