Steps to a Setup Public Node on Zenon Network

I agree, since we’re already downloading go in order to build znnd.

Apparently, dart-arm64 still isn’t available via package managers. I had no problems installing go-arm64 on Linux. I hope it’s just as simple for MacOS.

We may need to update go-zdk to support a KeyStoreManager class, though.

1 Like

I faced the following error when deploying a public node. VPS has GLIBC v2.35

znnd          | /znnd: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /znnd)
znnd          | /znnd: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /znnd)
znnd          | /znnd: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /znnd)
znnd          | /znnd: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by /znnd)

znnd          | /znnd: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /znnd)```

I followed deeznuts guide. Is there any other methods to make it work?
Is it possible to run znnd in a vps and use it’s IP address to access the node, just like syrius accesses embedded node?

Yes, you can just download the znn controller now and deploy it (downloads and installs go and builds the znnd)

Quick guide > Create VPS and login

wget https://github.com/zenon-network/znn_controller_dart/releases/download/v0.0.4-alpha/znn_controller-linux-x86_64.zip

sudo apt install unzip

unzip znn_controller-linux-x86_64.zip

./znn-controller
pick deploy = 1

wait for it to sync, before using the ip

2 Likes

There’s also a guide somewhere on the forum for enabling UFW and the correct ports to let through

What port does it use usually?

recieved the following error

Preparing to clone go-zenon ...
Error! Could not build go-zenon

Yea, i cud use that.

1 Like

Section 4.1 I think

https://medium.com/@jer0n/zenon-network-raspberry-pi-node-guide-1cd02d69e52e

1 Like

Ports exclusions added :+1:

I have tried installing znn-controller and getting this error when executing ./znn-controller: 1: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

I have tried installing znn_controller_dart and get to the deploy node then receive this error:

I should mention that this is a pi4 8G

maybe try

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

sudo apt autoremove

then try to deploy

1 Like

I had the same error. Watching your progress

ChatGPT is your friend:

The error message you’re seeing indicates that there’s a problem installing the linux-kernel-headers. These headers are essential for many programs that interface with the Linux kernel, especially for software that requires kernel modules or kernel-related development.

The Raspberry Pi runs on a version of Linux optimized for its ARM architecture, so you’ll need to ensure that you’re installing the correct version of the kernel headers. Here’s a step-by-step solution to address this:

1. Update your system: Before installing or troubleshooting any package, it’s always a good idea to update the system and package list: sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y

2. Install Raspberry Pi Kernel Headers : Depending on the specific version of the Raspberry Pi OS you’re using, the kernel headers can be installed using: sudo apt install raspberrypi-kernel-headers

3. Retry the ZNN Controller Installation : After you’ve installed the kernel headers, run the ZNN Controller script again: sudo ./znn-controller

4. Alternative Solution: If for some reason the above steps don’t work, there could be a mismatch between the running kernel version and the available kernel headers. In such cases:

• Check your kernel version: uname -r
  • Then, try to install the kernel headers for that specific version: sudo apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r)