Open Source Analytics

Do you guys have any interest in exploring Open Source analytics for zenon.network and marketing initiatives?

Something like this?

3 Likes

Seems interesting, I’ll give it a look!

Matomo seems a great tool from what I’ve read about it. We can test it out for free with their on-premise model. However, I strongly consider we also need a product analytics tool (Matomo is doing only web analytics). Here’s a great summary of the open-sourced solutions for Analytics & BI.

1 Like

Want to try posthog? They have a hosted version that is free for the first 1m event.

Yes, let’s do it. I can take a look at the technical part to see how hard might the implementation be.

Hi peeps, I’ve just made a pull request on the website to add PostHog plug-in to enable analytics.

Waiting to get the acceptance. Let me know who wants access to the data, I can invite them via email.

Cheers,
John-Z

1 Like

And btw, I think it’s best to add Motamal as well, but we kinda need to be on their cloud in order for us to not self-host the server.

Motamal has 21 free trial days on their cloud, shall I make another pull request for Motamal as well?

Maybe let’s see if they accept posthog. I’ll DM you my email to be added to posthog.

thx!

Still nothing, I just applied on AZ to draw the core team’s attention.
Also created this tweet, plz RT if you agree with this movement I consider a necessity.

https://twitter.com/johnthzone/status/1539937937684570118

1 Like

Can conversions be attributed to parameters set in URL’s? ie a ZNNAlien’s handle?

I don’t think so, but I am reading the docs to configure it.

I saw it grabs UTM tags from URLs by default, as well as capturing information such as ‘Referrer URL’ and ‘Initial Referrer Domain’ as properties on Events.

Wanna send you an invite?

1 Like

Would be awesome to check it out!