Official Twitter Posts

0x and I have tested the repo.
Mr Kaine assured us the Twitter side is setup.

3 Likes

What’s the time from tweet submission to actual post? Is there an “SLA”?

As soon as the post is pulled into the main branch, the Github workflow runs and posts the tweet.
Takes less than 10 seconds.

How long until the post is pulled on the main branch? Is someone monitoring PRs 24/7?

Asking because if we spot a relevant convo and it takes 3 days to get a reply out, this won’t work.

0x and I are monitoring, but I don’t know who has permission to pull anything in.

Apart from 0x, who else has contributor status for that repo? @mehowbrainz?
If two people approve a tweet, we might have the ability to pull it into the repo.

Can we have an option that is less “alienating” in terms of wordiness and (sorry) slightly cringe alien theme, and instead focuses more on the key messaging around “If Satoshi built feeless ethereum, this would be it”?

Personally I tuned out as soon as I saw alien emojis and 6-7 lines of text.

Less is more. Always.

Everyone is welcome to submit tweets for review.

1 Like

You can dislike my post. I’m just trying to get this conversation started.

Personally, I don’t want to focus my time and energy on marketing and crafting Twitter posts.
But it’s obvious to me that someone needs to help the community embrace this new functionality.

Here’s mine then:

“If Satoshi built feeless Ethereum, what would it look like”?

There’s no reason broadcasting the fact who maintains the twitter account - nobody outside our echo chamber cares.

If we must announce the handover, put out something short and crisp like “Zenon is a community project, including this twitter account. It’s what Satoshi would’ve wanted.”

I’m not trying to be a toxic cunt here - rather an opinion from a professional biz dev used to market to an audience of millions.

I appreciate the initiative more than anything. Just trying to give raw feedback sir. You know I highly value your contributions.

@mehowbrainz lmk if you wanna team up for this.

1 Like

For the sake of my own bag, here’s my version of this, lmfao. I had to do some magic given the 280 character limit.

@zenon_network shift to community-led marks a milestone in our open-source ethos journey. ‘Leaderless,’ once a puzzling concept, whispered by critics. ‘They’ll never surrender control or accept our pull requests,’ they said. Yet, here we are, proving them wrong."

I strongly believe we MUST use a thread, we can’t make justice to what we want to communicate with just 280 characters. Enjoy this longer version of the same content:

A testament to the profound shift in power, Zenon’s transformation to a fully community-led project marks a milestone in the journey of open-source ethos. Here’s the first of a thread that will serve as a tribute to our collective dedication and commitment:

"Leaderless. A concept that has puzzled, perplexed and often alienated since inception. It has been the echo in the vast expanses of our shared digital universe, a word whispered by critics, cynics and doubters alike. ‘They will never surrender control of the keys’, they said. ‘They will never accept the community’s pull requests’, they proclaimed. ‘They will never…’

But as we stand here today, having torn what just seems like one more small brick in the Great Wall that separated the creators from the community, we beg to differ. This is not an abdication, but rather a proclamation of trust in our shared vision, the vision that Zenon was born from and is fuelled by.

There are those who still think Mr. Kaine will never fade into our cherished memories. But let us not forget, Zenon was never about a single individual. It was, is and will always be about us, the community, the collective. As we navigate through this open-source odyssey, let us embrace the leaderless philosophy not as an obstacle, but as an opportunity.

And to those who doubted, we have but one thing to say - Welcome to the dawn of a new era. An era where we become the architects of our own future. Welcome to the era of Zenon, now truly of the community, by the community, for the community."

6 Likes

If this isn’t the initial tweet, it should certainly be considered for a subsequent post.

this is fucking epic

Yeah, longform is a must to mark the biggest airdrop in crypto history. Our principled man of mystery relinquishing the few powers he had left, like a mother bird chucking her baby off a cliff to see if it flies or not.

2 Likes

In the spirit of getting shit done, @coinselor can you submit a PR with this post and let’s see if we can get it approved and posted. Make sure to use the logic to split up posts.

ChatGPT

Leaderless. A concept that has puzzled, perplexed & often alienated since inception. An echo in our digital universe, whispered by critics & cynics. ‘They will never surrender control of the keys’, they said. ‘They will never accept the community’s pull requests’, they proclaimed. 1/6 Zenon
---
But as we stand here today, having torn a small brick in the Great Wall that separated creators from the community, we beg to differ. This is not an abdication, but a proclamation of trust in our shared vision, that Zenon was born from & is fuelled by. 2/6 #ZenonCommunity
---
Some still think Mr. Kaine will never fade into our cherished memories. But Zenon was never about a single individual. It was, is & will always be about us, the community, the collective. 3/6 #ZenonCollective
---
As we navigate this open-source odyssey, let’s embrace the leaderless philosophy not as an obstacle, but as an opportunity. 4/6 #OpenSource
---
And to those who doubted, we have but one thing to say - Welcome to the dawn of a new era. An era where we become the architects of our own future. 5/6 #NewEra
---
Welcome to the era of Zenon, now truly of the community, by the community, for the community. 6/6 #ZenonCommunity"
---

If someone else wants to submit the first tweet, submit a PR here: Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

Here is what my test threaded post looks like

https://twitter.com/Learn_Zenon/status/1685324810350465024

We were gonna wait until next weekend before posting anything, to allow time for other people to submit their testimonies. The idea is that the first tweet is a thread made entirely of community member quotes

1 Like

Who made that decision?

The main account should serve as a pulpit, and it should only retweet. This way, you know who’s words are being broadcasted.

The notion of the community adopting the voice and identity of Zenon Main as a central idol would be a step in the wrong direction, as it is opposed to decentralized ethos.

There is no need to say “goodbye” or make an echo chamber announcement to ourselves about the Twitter decentralization.

Zenon Twitter has 13.5k followers who have all seen and heard it before. Retweets from actual community members are more meaningful.

Expanding into the universe, grinding, and building, as we are all actively doing, will develop and enable access to much bigger, more reputable, and meaningful platforms than Zenon Main Twitter. The sooner this account falls into the lore, the better, because that will signify that the community has risen up.

The weight of this account should be leveraged for all its worth to promote decentralization. People need to see their own brand and words getting retweeted and engaged with, in order to stoke the motivational flywheel.

If you write a post for Zenon Main, and it gets approved, it does little to nothing for your own Twitter account, reputation, brand, pillar, etc. If anything, I might even argue that your words will carry much less meaning to the intended audience if tweeted natively from Zenon Main.

Let’s support the developers, teams, and dreamers that comprise the NoM in the most authentic way. You are brilliant and your words matter. You are important. Speak and Tweet your words. You are meant to be seen.

I love what you wrote, @coinselor - if you tweet that, I would fully support a retweet on any and all accounts.

3 Likes