Mexc Listing Discussion

I was for MEXC listing prior to seeing some of the sketchier anecdotes that were brought up in this thread.

I know there’s a lot of excitement around PA right now and a CEX could certainly add to this.

However, we’ve come this far now even with the onboarding challenges and built-in principles of NoM, namely decentralization

I think in the long-term we have more to gain from keeping in line with this ethos and instead focusing on opening up to more DEXes:

THORSwap
Opening up EVM bridges for Arbitrum, Polygon, Optimism, BNB, etc.
Trading pairs with USDT & USDC

Not all at once but strategically timed. The smart money in crypto will find a way to the gems even if there’s some friction. This then provides leverage over CEXes for listings as retail will demand it from their exchange.

6 Likes

It’s hilarious and sad to see people throwing random price for a listing thinking MEXC would do great for Zenon. Based on what? I’ve read that 10k would be great, compared to what? For what results? Did they even look at the userbase? The volume? The MM? Previous deals and their performance post listing haven’t even been looked at. Those people never negociated a deal with a CEX, have no ideas how things work and can’t process the fact that this isn’t the Cryptopia era. Yet they talk and give their opinion like if it matters. You all want a MEXC or low tier listing like a Christian pray. C’mon.

1 Like

Imo preference is low for low tier listings. Dex until tier 1 cex that lists znn largely on its own.

6 Likes

Agree

1 Like

I have spoken to 7 CEXs over the past 12 months (since STEX went down) and got quotes from most for native ZNN integration. $10k is what I would call a deal worth considering

3 Likes

Maybe we should ask Mercatox to list us back?
I know they screwed up with token swap, but they could at least list wZNN.

Before the volume on their exchange was ok.

60k kinda overkill for Mexc. I’ve been in talks for listing with Mexc and they usually list for 20k erc20 tokens. They have their own MM bots on the orderbook and they arbitrage between Uniswap and them exchanges. So, unless we receive high volume it might not be the best place to go.
However, I don’t see exchanges listing us for free unless we create 2-3m volume every day, so waiting is not a solution as well.
We can aim for xeggex or safe.trade as many people are searching those places for hidden gems and it might be stepping stone. They shouldn’t require 10s of k as well and maybe come for free even. Then as volume comes, the other exchanges would consider listing for free.
just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

And I’m telling you this doesn’t represent the industry standards as price only doesn’t matter. Read my message again, I know you can.

And what exactly a cex would solve? New users are at ease with Uniswap.

well, I know tons of people that don’t use Uniswap and they are always using only cex. Believe it or not, cexes necessary at some point. Believing this will have a wide use without exposure is unrealistic.
Waiting for exchanges to get in line to list us is also not realistic unless we create millions of volumes for a long period of time. There are projects that didn’t pay a dime probably but that’s because they had 10s of millions volume. So it all comes down to exposure.
If we can create those volumes sustainably then we can relax and wait and more exposure would come, else it won’t happen.

3 Likes

Surely a shit cex will onboard them all and their 20$ portfolio.

We don’t need this kind of CEXs. Scroll Coingecko and see by yourself rather than enforcing your make beliefs analysis.

Gate.io seems like an ok exchange, does anyone know how much it is to list there?

Not interested.

Since They approached first and if it is free, why not?

1 Like

They don’t need our permission for free listing. Do they?

Allow me to play devil’s advocate. Sure, MEXC is not ideal as there have been serious complaints about them in the past, but having native ZNN on a cex attracts more attention. We had a price pump which has cooled down, so interest wanes - people move on to whatever seems to have the hot narrative.

Only waiting for a tier 1 exchange to list ZNN for free may or may not happen, but being able to show volume on a known exchange makes it more likely imo. Keeping attention is hard and the marketing initiative on Twitter can only do so much. Also having a cex listing would bring more people into the znn universe. I say strike while the iron is hot rather than waiting for the red carpet to be rolled out to us. Flame away.

4 Likes

We should get out of our bubble that the exchanges will grovel and beg to take us on. Better to be realists than extreme optimists

There’s ongoing discussions for a better exchange than Mexc and it should be free for us.

nice to know, would be great to be more open to the community…

I can’t disclose ongoing discussion under NDA so no. But I let you know what I can. I’m not the one leading this but it looks promising and if it’s free the community has no say here. However this information can be useful to keep in the back of our mind.

2 Likes