Extension Chains: smart contracts for NoM

I suggest CYGNUS

Cygnus is a binary star. It is the optical counterpart of Sirius.

2 Likes
1 Like

Zenon XT

It would make much more sense ticker wise if we are set on xZNN or something similar. If we really want to maintain ZNN as part of the ticker, I think maintaining Zenon in the name makes sense.

Zenon Plus
Zenon Infinity
etc

Alternatively, we can just use ZNN as the native ticker, without any distinctions, akin to how Arbitrum/Optimism/etc name ETH just ETH. In that case, we could use any name. Here’s a list of random stars:

1. Sirius
  2. Canopus
  3. Arcturus
  4. Vega
  5. Capella
  6. Rigel
  7. Procyon
  8. Betelgeuse
  9. Altair
  10. Aldebaran
  11. Antares
  12. Spica
  13. Pollux
  14. Fomalhaut
  15. Deneb
  16. Regulus
  17. Castor
  18. Gacrux
  19. Bellatrix
  20. Algol
  21. Alphard
  22. Mizar
  23. Dubhe
  24. Algenib
  25. Mirfak
  26. Alnair
  27. Alnilam
  28. Alnitak
  29. Diphda
  30. Mimosa
  31. Regor
  32. Wezen
  33. Suhail
  34. Kaus Australis
  35. Avior
  36. Alkaid
  37. Menkent
  38. Acrux
  39. Almach
  40. Eltanin
  41. Scheat
  42. Markab
  43. Alpheratz
  44. Hadar
  45. Denebola
  46. Gienah
  47. Muhlifain
  48. Naos
  49. Schedar
  50. Shaula
  51. Nunki
  52. Zubenelgenubi
  53. Zubeneschamali
  54. Sargas
  55. Kaus Media
  56. Kaus Borealis
  57. Thuban
  58. Rastaban
  59. Alderamin
  60. Altarf
  61. Ankaa
  62. Azha
  63. Caph
  64. Deneb Algedi
  65. Enif
  66. Fafnir
  67. Girtab
  68. Hamal
  69. Izar
  70. Kraz
  71. Lesath
  72. Markeb
  73. Nihal
  74. Phact
  75. Ruchbah
  76. Sadr
  77. Skat
  78. Tureis
  79. Unukalhai
  80. Vindemiatrix
  81. Zaurak
  82. Zosma
  83. Acamar
  84. Achernar
  85. Agena
  86. Alcor
  87. Alioth
  88. Alphecca
  89. Alshain
  90. Altair
  91. Alya
  92. Anser
  93. Arneb
  94. Ascella
  95. Asterope
  96. Atik
  97. Atlas
  98. Atria
  99. Auva
  100. Azmidiske
1 Like

Ok ZVM is growing on me.

4 Likes

Any particular reason for the separate name?

I like Supernova ZVM. It feels like lotion on my brain.

4 Likes

The roadmaps now mapped in the starfield.

@aliencoder please can you reconsider this fees topic.
give the people what they want
feeless ETH - like ETH but feeless
the degens can then copy pasta fork eth contracts on the extension chains
we can have fun punting shitcoins without fees
also we can explore new stupid and pointless business models that weren’t possible without fees before

1 Like

@aliencoder I am too regarded to form concise points so chatgpt delivered my telegram chitchat to explain what i’m saying in the third person. hope it makes sense:

The conversation revolves around advocating for a feeless architecture for Zenon, drawing on various points to bolster this argument. It starts with the assertion that feeless alternatives to Ethereum would be highly attractive, especially for those looking to maximize their investments without incurring transaction fees. The idea is that by replicating Ethereum’s success in a feeless environment, Zenon could significantly attract both developers and users, particularly those disenchanted by the fees on other platforms.

The speaker underscores the importance of tapping into the enthusiasm of the cryptocurrency community, particularly those who are heavily invested in Zenon and are motivated by the prospect of feeless transactions. This community is described as vibrant, engaged, and crucial in driving the hype cycles that could propel Zenon’s value and adoption.

Moreover, the conversation touches on the strategic advantage of leveraging Ethereum’s existing contract ecosystem, suggesting that Zenon could benefit from adopting successful Ethereum contracts directly onto its platform. This approach is seen as a way to rapidly populate Zenon with a rich tapestry of applications, attracting a user base looking for Ethereum-like experiences without the fees.

The discussion also acknowledges the need for Zenon to create trends and establish itself as a leader in the feeless blockchain space. The speaker suggests that Zenon’s growth depends on its ability to differentiate itself and capture the imagination of the cryptocurrency community with its feeless proposition.

There’s an acknowledgment of the practicalities and challenges involved in maintaining a feeless architecture, including the reliance on the goodwill of node operators and the necessity of fostering a supportive ecosystem. Despite these challenges, the speaker remains optimistic about the potential for Zenon to innovate and lead with a feeless model, drawing on the community’s enthusiasm and the foundational principles of the platform.

In summary, the argument is for Zenon to pursue a feeless architecture as a means to differentiate itself, attract a dedicated user base, and capitalize on the growing demand for cost-effective blockchain solutions. This strategy is seen as aligning with Zenon’s foundational values and as a critical step in securing its place in the competitive blockchain ecosystem.

1 Like

Feeless pls, dot guy has a point

It really doesn’t make any sense to be another smart contract shitcoin with fees… all this effort just to launch something mediocre will get drowned amongst the noisy influencers

Validators are already incentivised indirectly from pillar rewards and we should vote to replenish AZ funds from a different source

3 Likes

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 5.32.54 AM

2 Likes

Doesn’t it take the same amount of time to share a screenshot than to copy/paste? We want the content to be indexed by search engines :sweat_smile:

true. Im trying to break the matrix.

i’m horny for zenon

so what do you propose as the solution for spam protection on the ext chain if its feeless without plasma?

Nice names and suggestions.

I think an extension chain can be thought of as a planet’s moon, an orbiting object, or a sister to balance out masculine nomenclature.

These concepts are parallel worlds or clear familial ties with a feminine nod; Zenon’s ’sister chain’ insert name.

Lunar / Lunaris would have been nice but associated with Terra.

The Ancient Greek name for moon; Selene.

Latin for sister: Soror.

Twin: Gemella

1 Like

I’m told that the ancient Chinese word for sister is zizi, pronounced something like zee-zee.

Zizi would be feminine, imply relatedness to the main chain, be easy to say, appeal to the East Asian market whilst having an ancient root, and have a very Zenon ‘lite’ feel with the zeds or zee’s.

what a lovely passage

zizi