Custom ring function

Hey,

Just a random idea but perhaps it’s handy to implement the ring (around the profile picture) as a custom feature in the forum. So you would only need to upload a normal pic and select a fitting ring. Thus everybody has the same width and easier for new people ^^

Also when making a thread I got the following message, which seems odd:

perhaps it’s fired too quick, but I understand it’s a difficult feature to implement correctly.

Also this is just me throwing random ideas around, it’s certainly not a “must have” feature or critical feedback ^^

1 Like

i like the idea for the ring, let me look into it to see if its possible.

Also I’m not a fan of the “similar topic” thing let’s see if we can tune that down a bit

1 Like

looks like we can set the ring as a default avatar but not to be editable.

only way I could think would be to change the online/offline ring image to be the ZNN ring but that is also probably not a good outcome. Will keep looking

yea don’t know how easy it is to add custom code to a framework like this, but could be simpel by adding some CSS around the picture (or overlay the profile pic onto the background ring picture). Or have different rings for different roles or something, I just like the ring stuff ^^

p.s. the email system works nicely

2 Likes

Might be something for the A Z proposal. There are several Discourse developers for hire!