AZ Chainsafe Bridge Audit

@romeo is talking to Chainsafe.io about auditing the Bridge Code. They expressed interest in doing the audit. They estimated it would cost +/- $6,000 USD. Need to understand the scope better.

I’m prepared to fund this in USD or any crypto they want. I will seek reimbursement from AZ at an exchange rate of $1.20 $ZNN & $0.12 $QSR. I would then use the proceeds to market make on Stex. Someone recently purchased most of my liquidity on Stex and I would like to replenish some.

If someone in the community wants to bid MORE than $1.20 / $0.12 now is your opportunity to out bid me and get involved. You will be expected to sign a contract with Chainsafe and be responsible to manage the process with them and @sumamu.

Reply below if you want to outbid me and/or you agree / disagree with using AZ to audit the bridge for this estimated cost.

Convo here on Discord.

6 Likes

This is awesome! Good job @0x3639 & @romeo!

2 Likes

I asked certik how much they wud charge for the audit of the bridge code. Shared the GitHub link. They are 3 times costly. Is it worth it?

Certik is :poop:

Chainsafe all the way!

2 Likes

For some reason I always though Certik had a good reputation. Is that not the case?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no.

1 Like

I think Certik audits are just good for marketing “trustless bridge audited by Certik”

Chainsafe is orders of magnitude better than Certik.

I’m curious what will the audit cover.

2 Likes

we are still waiting to hear back from the chainsafe rep, will cut them some slack as it’s been the weekend. Keen to get a proper quote (the $6k was an estimate on my behalf based on the # hours they suggested they would need). Will update here early this week hopefully

5 Likes

I told certik we are not accepting their offer. They offered discount. Then I told them we are waiting for chainsafe’s responce. It might be around 6k. Their responce :point_down:

"So it’s important to note that our package comes with a KYC, Contract Verification and Comarketing on Twitter.

With that said, if you want the audit only and none of those other things, we can match and do the audit only for $6k as well"

Seems like if bargained well they might even do an audit for 1000$ :laughing:

$1-2k is a good deal considering the promotional package (because the actual audit is mediocre at best).

1 Like

We’ve had positive discussions with chainsafe, I think 0x created another thread with info @aliencoder

Chainsafe quoted same as certik i guess. That’s is with the Twitter promotion.

For the same money can we get both to audit , if we skip on the promotion part.
We need promotion too I know. Just thinking loud