Welcome to the multiverse: bridging the Zenon ecosystem

Sir, my question is similar to @cryptocheshire’s in that I’m just wondering how many phases we can expect and the approximate timeframe. I know that is hard to predict now. But we had a wallet project presented, approved, completed, and funded without a clear path to full completion. The wallet needs multiple full submissions, but that was not 100% clear initially.

Maybe as Shazz discussed, you can break things into 2 to 4 milestones that could fit nicely into AZ submissions. Just a 30,000’ roadmap in a few words each.

Are you involved with THORchain in any way?

How many bridges have you developed?

Thank you sir for you submission and time!

1 Like

We’re still in discovery mode with the roadmap and the deliverables, but we’re hoping to clarify most of them this month. As soon as we have more to share we’re going to publish an update.

4 Likes

OK. I will vote yes on this proposal. Just please understand that we are sensitive to developers requesting funds for projects that do not have a clear path to deliver the entire project.

thank you!

2 Likes

Like you should.
Thank you for your vote!

I voted yes because of your pfp

3 Likes

Actually fair game. A nicely branded anon dev probably delivers a nicely branded cross-chain bridge.

Sounds very promising, hopefully this project sees fruition. If you need testers i’ll gladly QA it.

1 Like

Hello Aliens,

Reporting to the Mothership:
I’m excited to announce that the Multiverse project is hitting an important milestone: the release of the open beta.

The community is invited to test the bridge that is currently setup to support bidirectional swaps between Zenon Testnet and Ethereum’s Goerli Testnet.

For more transparency requested by community members, I’ve also compiled a short FAQ regarding the current status of the project.

How can I test the bridge?
Thanks to @dexZNNter, the bridge frontend is available here:

Where can I get tokens to test it?
You can get testnet tokens from the following sources:

Zenon Public Testnet faucet:
@znn_faucet_bot

ETH Goerli faucet:

Where can I report an issue?
You can report issues in this thread.

What about the security of this bridge?
The bridge is designed with a multi-layer security architecture in mind and additional security modules for the bridge are currently in development. Although we make huge efforts, there are always ways to enhance the security. We will perform internal security reviews, but an external security audit should be conducted before the official launch. The bridge has 3 main components that will require to be audited: the Solidity smart contracts, the core module and the Zenon embedded contract.

What else can I do to help?
Beside testing it, spreading the word about this project beyond Zenon’s community is also equally important. In this way, other projects can hear about it and provide additional support.

Please consider that this project is still under heavy development, so expect things to break and kindly report only valid and reproducible issues.

We will keep you updated with the progress.
Buckle up for the official launch!

6 Likes

Brave Browser, Ubuntu 22.04

Refreshed 3x. It finally worked. I was not able to inspect fast enough to see any issues.

My computer is doing PoW to get more test ETH, so that could be the issue.

How long does it normally take to do the bridge? Does the computer need to do PoW to complete the TX?

On first attempt, the bridge worked exactly as expected. I need more testETH. Will keep playing with it and report back.

what is happening when it says “Signing”

I wonder if we can improve the appearance of this page. The transaction looks strange in that window.

I tried to unwrap wZNN to ZNN. While the “Signing” process was taking place (to unwrap the token), I tried to wrap ZNN to wZNN. That seemed to remove the Unwrap Request all together and execute the ZNN to wZNN request only.

After making the request to Unwrap the wZNN

After making the request to wrap ZNN to wZNN

After 90 seconds or so this reappeared

Is this behavior expected?

1 Like

I just converted wZNN to ZNN

https://goerli.etherscan.io/tx/0x492d2343c29705c968cf05a5900cb1dc7769f8304e5063bf95ddcca954469aa7

https://explorer.zenon.org/transaction/7261bb455a94be35c768bce722b43bc09a5f5ab3d1fe44f7b13037cfdcb18258

The wZNN was removed from my wallet and hit syrius, but it’s still showing up as a redeemable asset a few minutes after the tx in the bridge

I tried to redeem the 69 a second time (an attempted double redeem) and now syrius is stuck “Sending” the TX for a few minutes. I will let it run to see if it times out.

1 Like

Notice the addresses for ZNN and wZNN in the image. They look reversed.

5 Likes

Below are a couple of issues I noticed when entering a ZNN amount for a new swap to WZNN.

Issue 1
Waiting for approval from extension stays when the approval is declined.

Issue 2
Entering a ZNN amount with more than 8 decimals causes the approval not to appear and the website stays waiting for approval from extension.

Issue 3
Sometimes the approval popup just opens up the Zenon Wallet but not showing the tx to approve. I haven’t been able to reproduce the exact conditions that causes the issue.

Issue 4
When choosing “Existing swap” there is no way to start a “New swap”. You have to refresh the page and go through the approvals, reconnect the wallets to be able to choose a new swap.

2 Likes

Hey @sumamu bumped into a slight problem while tryna play with the TestNet bridge. I managed to install version 0.1.2 of Dexter’s browser extension and create a wallet. Following this I texted /faucet alongide my addy to @znn_faucet_bot and received the following confirmation.

However, I still haven’t received any of the test znn & qsr. I also attempted to create a new wallet and texted the bot through another tg account to no avail.

I also got @0x3639 to send my test wallet some znn & qsr

but my wallet is still empty.

I attempted switching my browser from Brave to Chrome and also attempted installing Alpha version 0.1.1 but I can’t see any znn/qsr sent from 0x or from the faucet bot.

is your wallet using the correct testnet node? it should be on

wss://syrius-testnet.zenon.community:35998