Pitch BTC / ZNN tech and no BS

Hello guys,

I came accros different projects and people recently who are genuinely looking for interesting scaling solutions for BTC and naturally move onto LN when they started to face 600 sats/kb fee per tx. Either we like it or not there’s a DeFi trend on Bitcoin, and it comes with Ordinals. Speculators will be looking really soon at any narrative that scale Bitcoin and lower those expensive fee while builders are looking at anything making it more user friendly. Is there any realistic pitch that can be drafted linking ZNN to a scaling Bitcoin narrative from where we are now in the development process ? Any short / mid term tech roadmap that’s not utter BS and can be pitched easily when I meet those people so I can bring them in and they start to build with ZNN in mind ?

Cheers.

PS: this is a question for Georges, Sumamaaaaaa and alikes I think.

7 Likes

Topic moved to ╰ Funding | Staging

1 Like

Any ideas?

1. TSS method: using @sumamu 's TSS solution
  • zBTC as wrapped representation for BTC on NoM via the bridge
  • control native BTC via the ecdsa-tss
  1. Atomic swaps method: using timelock contracts
  • control native BTC via musig2 (when PTLCs are ready)
  • xClaim implementation
  1. Sidechain method: using the newly introduced extension chains
  • embedded contract for the ext-chain to port zBTC to xBTC to use it as gas in the sidechain
  1. [experimental] Merge mining method
  • merge-mined Syncchains have one huge benefit compared to the standard merge-mined sidechains. Is much easier to do the opposite if the sidechain already has a BTC relay, by forwarding the Bitcoin headers and the Bitcoin peg-in transactions from Bitcoin to the Bitcoin relay contract as part of consensus (and disabling these method calls from sidechain users and contracts)
  • Bitcoin-relay embedded contract / integrate headers directly in momentums/checkpoints (consensus)
  1. [experimental] Layer-2 method: use Bitcoin as a data availability layer for zero-knowledge smart contracts
  • Store code and execute transactions
  1. Mapping BRC-20 to ZTS tokens for feeless transactions

Other resources: Utilizing Bitcoin’s Hash Time-Locked Contracts to Ensure Users Control Assets

12 Likes

Good ! I can work from there thanks ser

1 Like

If anyone feels like dumbing it down or using some more words, I will use chatGPT and talk to my smart friends to try and understand/explain it better. As it is, probably there’s enough there for me to learn more.
It’s a major selling point and will help with marketing efforts, even if its still to come to fruition/experimental.

I’ve updated the post.

I think the next step, as Mr Kaine already mentioned is to inscribe code instead of human readable format.

For example, BRC-20 are primitive in the sense that the format is human readable: content type text/plain;charset=utf-8

1 Like

John W. Ratcliff Tweeted

Here is an example of a BRC-20 token stored in ASCII JSON:

{
“p”: “brc-20”,
“op”: “deploy”,
“tick”: “ordi”,
“max”: “21000000”,
“lim”: “1000”
}

This consumes 89 bytes of data which could easily be represented as about 19 bytes in binary.

1 Like

A really interesting idea is to create a new BRC standard to port BRC-20 tokens to ZTS. This can enable feeless transactions and onboard some users into the ecosystem.

2 Likes

This could be interesting to look at for folks here:

1 Like

Competition = Validation