Open Letter to Mercatox

I have been in contact with Merc the last few weeks, regarding the ZNN coins that are still on their platform. This is the latest communication from their side (dated 9 February):

Dear Florian.

There was a transition process, so the question of delisting was not raised as it was planned to complete the process safely, but then difficulties arose for obvious reasons. We cannot be held responsible for any actions or inactions on the part of the third party project team. In the previous letter, we explained everything and made it clear that in this matter, responsibility lies only with the ZNN project and no one else. You, in turn, as a market participant, should be careful about your funds and study information about the project before making any purchases. The exchange cannot constantly monitor information about the state of affairs in projects.

But there is good news. Our developers delved into the history of previous actions and carried out certain work. There is a possibility that there will be new tokens. Some nuances are being clarified. And yet, two months later we finally received a response to our letter from the ZNN team. We will inform you as soon as we have information.

Sincerely yours,

Josh

Mercatox Customer Service Representative

2 Likes

So if perhaps somebody else now tries to approach them (in stead of only me) they feel appreciated / heard again by the Zenon team, and the ball can hopefully get rolling towards new listing (of upgraded ZNN coins)

1 Like

Apart from this issue, I have traded quite some years with Merc, for certain coins, and they overal seem a good exchange and quite responsive / fair. So if you ask me we should try to continue this existing relationship in stead of searching for a new CEX.

1 Like

what can I do to help?

Would be better to trade native znn. We already have a pool for wznn. Why wznn tho?

It obviously would be beneficial if we can assist Merc to setup native transfers, if they did indeed perform the alphanet swap.

Stex did it so we know it’s possible, would need some Plasma assistance for transactions and some CLI scripting I imagine. Can we commit to assisting them with native integration?

imo the only benefit for doing wZNN is releasing the locked znn for their holders. For future trading it’s pointless whilst we have the bridge

Noting all the fuss recently around getting CEX listings, let’s kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get native ZNN working on merc

7 Likes

Other, what do they need for adding native ZNN support?

Having wZNN on Mercatox would be utterly pointless. I suggest they either consider native ZNN or withdraw funds to their customer on a case by case basis directly on Alphanet.

3 Likes

I agree with @coinselor. Considering the fact that they’ve already performed the swap, wouldn’t it be better to email all of the existing ZNN accounts on Mercatox and ask them to provide their ZTS address? Or have them integrate native ZNN so members can just withdraw to Syrius.

Also, a community member has most likely identified the ZTS address of Mercatox: Swap address - Mercatox (not yet confirmed by their team)

2 Likes

I would like to see them trading native ZNN rather than wZNN. We don’t have an exchange carrying native ZNN right now, it would be more accessible for people to get direct ZNN than another exchange with wZNN where you have to pay conversion fees and go through extra steps.

8 Likes

Any updates from the Mercatox team zirs? @znn_sol @Florian

To be clear, who owns this 20,600 ZNN? Is this owned by the community with ZNN on Merc?

Mercatox customers who deposited ZNN on their exchange.