Frustrating episodes of embedded node not syncing!

ChatGPT has good instructions.

Setting up VirtualBox and installing Windows 11 on it involves several steps. Here’s a general guide to help you through the process:

1. Download and Install VirtualBox

1. Download VirtualBox: Go to the VirtualBox website and download the latest version of VirtualBox for your operating system.
  2. Install VirtualBox: Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install VirtualBox on your computer.

2. Download Windows 11 ISO

1. Visit Microsoft’s Website: Go to the official Windows 11 download page.
  2. Download ISO File: Choose the Windows 11 ISO to download. You’ll need this file to install Windows 11 in VirtualBox.

3. Create a New Virtual Machine

1. Open VirtualBox: Launch VirtualBox after installation.
  2. Create New VM: Click on “New” to create a new virtual machine.
  3. Name and Operating System: Give your VM a name and select “Microsoft Windows” as the type, and “Windows 11” as the version.
  4. Memory Size: Allocate RAM to your VM. It’s recommended to allocate at least 4 GB (4096 MB), but this depends on your system’s total RAM.
  5. Hard Disk: Create a virtual hard disk. Choose “VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)” and allocate at least 50 GB of space. You can select either dynamically allocated or fixed size.

4. Configure Virtual Machine Settings

1. Access Settings: Select your VM and click on “Settings”.
  2. System: Under the System tab, you can adjust boot order and processor settings. Ensure that the processor count is sufficient (at least 2 CPUs).
  3. Display: Increase the video memory for better graphics performance.
  4. Storage: In the Storage tab, click on the empty optical drive under the “Controller: SATA” and then click on the disk icon to choose a virtual optical disk file. Select the Windows 11 ISO you downloaded.
  5. Network: Ensure the network adapter is enabled and set to NAT for internet access.

5. Install Windows 11

1. Start the VM: Click “Start” to boot up your VM.
  2. Install Windows 11: Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 11. You’ll need to choose your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then follow the installation process.
  3. Enter Product Key: If you have a Windows 11 product key, enter it when prompted. Otherwise, you can skip this step and activate Windows later.
  4. Complete Installation: Follow the prompts to complete the installation. This includes setting up a user account, password, and other initial setup steps.

6. Install Guest Additions (Optional but Recommended)

1. Install Guest Additions: Once Windows 11 is installed, in the VirtualBox menu, go to Devices > Insert Guest Additions CD image… and follow the prompts to install.
  2. Restart VM: After installation, restart your VM for the changes to take effect.

7. Finalize Setup

• Update Windows: It’s a good idea to check for updates in Windows 11 to ensure you have the latest features and security updates.
  • Install Necessary Software: Install any software you need on your Windows 11 VM.

Tips

• System Requirements: Ensure your host system meets the requirements for running Windows 11, including a compatible processor, enough RAM, and storage space.
  • Performance: Adjust the allocated resources based on the performance. If your VM is slow, try allocating more RAM or CPU cores, if available.
  • Backups: Regularly back up your VM to avoid data loss.

This guide provides a general overview. The exact steps may vary slightly depending on your host operating system and the version of VirtualBox and Windows 11 ISO you are using.

Seems lilke too much work!!
will it reduce my system performance?

Is it possible to run the embedded node in a arduino/ rasberry pi ?

I’m almost certain that you guys aren’t using the entire config.json file, causing Syrius to crash after the splash screen.

Here’s my copy, it works with Syrius.
config.json.txt (20.4 KB)

1. Download the file above and rename it to config.json
  2. Copy it to your znn folder
    • Mine is located at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\znn
  3. Edit the file:
    • Replace “user” in the lines for “DataPath” and “WalletPath” with your Windows user
  4. Launch Syrius
2 Likes

It started the sync from scratch, even I edited the file

Embedded node not crashing now.

But number of peers found is still 0

last effort would be to check after uninstalling the norton

something on your computer is preventing syrius from connecting to nodes. I would trouble shoot there.

Will uninstall Norton and check 1st