Here’s a how to buy ZNN for beginners guide:
- Download metamask, this is a google chrome extension (supported in other browsers) which is also a web wallet, set it up and store your seed phrase in a safe location and create a password for easy access.
- Add the “Binance Smart Chain” to your metamask wallet. By default it will be on the Ethereum network, so you will need add a custom network (and input some numbers and letters). Here is the tutorial from Binance website:
Now for this part, use only a SMALL amount to TEST the process. Buy BNB. Send the BNB to your metamask wallet. Switch between Ethereum Network and Smart Chain, make sure the small, test amount of BNB arrives in your metamask wallet.
Now go to pancakeswap.finance This functions much like uniswap. Go to trade, then click connect your wallet. Make sure you have BNB selected for the top one, and choose wBNB for the second one underneath. You are “wrapping” your BNB (I’ll include pics at end)
- Do NOT wrap all of your BNB into wBNB; you need a small amount of just plain BNB as “gas” for all of the swapping and sending you are gonna do. Perhaps leave 0.05 BNB as unwrapped. Number 3 will pop up after you have clicked wrap
- Now you have a small amount of BNB for gas and a small amount of wBNB; we gotta find wZNN (throughout this process use only small amounts until you are confident with the process of getting ZNN safe and sound into the s y r i u s wallet)
Now a tricky part. You need the “contract address”. You can find it on coingecko, also from zenon.network if you click “get znn” then “Explore on BscScan” and that page will tell you the contract. The contract should be the same between coingecko and BscScan.
Currently there is only one contract address for the binance smart chain. In the future there may be other addresses for other chains, but for now, using pancakeswap, we just need the BSC contract address
- The wZNN should appear after you paste the contract address. Note below is the current one at time of writing (possible it may change so don’t trust, verify for yourself).
- Keeping up so far? No alien left behind. Your screen should now look like this:
- Now click the settings icon, and choose what you want. I suggest choosing instant gas, 1% slippage and only swapping like 2 wBNB at a time. Otherwise transaction may fail due to the bots sandwiching you, so you’d have to do it again at a slightly higher price.
- This should now pop up, transaction submitted. If it succeeds, there will be a green tick. If it fails, a red cross. If it fails, you can try again; often waiting a minute and then clicking quickly will do the trick (take too long and price may change by too much)
- Now check your metamask and should be all there! As you can see, I have 10 Billion wZNN
Did the hobbits rest when they got to the black gate? No! They went through a giant spider’s lair and up an exploding volcano. Let’s continue this trek into the s y r i u s wallet where it will be safe and sound
Let’s go to the zenon.network website. For this part, you need to already have downloaded the syrius wallet and have an address you want to send your wZNN to where it will become ZNN.
- Read the boxes carefully and tick each if you agree, then click connect wallet to connect your metamask wallet to the bridge.
- Now you enter amount you wish to send, and put your syrius wallet address. Click swap and approve when the metamask pop-up comes. Careful! There’s currently a bug, so send only a whole number, or to 2 decimal places; otherwise 0.32BNB gas fees. Just try again, should be way lower
Choose view in BscSan and wait for 1001 confirmations, may take 30min. A lot of confirmations I know. Transaction should appear in syrius wallet, plasma generated to receive incoming transaction etc.
I hope this is a helpful guide for beginners! Everyone started from somewhere. I encourage you all to join the telegram and discord chats to keep up to date with this process and many other things
A big thanks to Zyler9985 for putting together this guide originally on twitter