Typescript SDK

disclaimer: I find JS & TS to be the same thing. The type system alone is not a big enough difference to justify them being different.

No offence, but both the SDK and the wallet extension are projects that are already worked on by other people as well. Keeping your work private doesn’t really help or protect your IP.

No one would apply with your codebase, since the projects are voted by pillars with due diligence. This can be seen in the startup world a lot (alien valley - silicon valley - startups - it’s a joke, see?) where keeping ideas secret is a bad practice. An idea is good & all, but the people behind it are more important.

At the moment, I’m working on a JS SDK as well. I’ve already ported the pow-links to WASM in the same day as the one it has been made open source, so arguably anyone who wanted to use it should consider it as being done (apart that it’s impossible to put things in the official GitHub user).

I’d like to reuse any work that you’ve done so I can focus on improving things further, without thinking that what I’m working on is already deprecated because someone already made it, and I’m just reinventing the wheel. I personally don’t take pride in reinventing the wheel but unfortunately I was the first one to do so.

I think that collaborating on this things would be more advantageous for everyone in the long run. I know that it’s possible to steal other people’s work, but the community will see that & slash any such behaviour. That being said, I will invite you again to join the Telegram Channel for JS development and any other developer / builder related community channels.

Note: even if the project is accepted, you still require to create a proposal that’s accepted as well. You’ll need to publish the codebase before the proposal is accepted nonetheless.

5 Likes

Hi, @alien-valley.io!

My main goal here is not the TS SDK itself, but the extension, which I believe to be a game changer in the long run.

I have seen your work and it was inspiring, in fact I have even used your instructions to create the wasm version for powlinks and use it in a webworker.

Yes, Javascript and TypeScript are very similar, however developing web apps usually require typescript and what happens is that developers tend to overlook the JS tools that are out there.

It wasn’t very clear to me why you haven’t applied to A-Z with the JS SDK so far and at times I have wondered about the future objectives of the repo.

I have also used this oportunity to port the SDK as a means to learn more about the inner workings of the network and it has helped me tremendously.

Collaboration is indeed the best way to move forward and I believe we can find a way to do that.

2 Likes

It wasn’t very clear to me why you haven’t applied to A-Z with the JS SDK so far

I don’t think there is a time limit for this things, personally.
I’ll apply to AZ after the fact and hope that the community will acknowledge my work, since it’s easier to justify a price tag for it that way.

I have seen your work and it was inspiring, in fact I have even used your instructions to create the wasm version for powlinks and use it in a webworker.

Awesome! I have an open issue at the moment about porting pow links. If you get the code checked in, I’ll use your work to get that done. Myself and PDfust have discussed in the past on how to design the SDK to communicate well with the extension

My main goal here is not the TS SDK itself, but the extension, which I believe to be a game changer in the long run.

That’s everyone’s goal. That’s why is already a work in progress.

I’m really happy that you put in the work & all, don’t get me wrong. I just don’t like the attitude of “I know how to do it better, I know the truth, I’ll just do it and publish it and everyone will be so grateful.”

We already have a group which is doing that. They are called ‘core-developers’, and I try to not encourage community members to do the same.

6 Likes

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the votes, it was close but in the end it went through.

I just wanted to let you know that I am grateful and I hope you’ll find my contribution to the ecosystem useful.

I am preparing the repo for publishing and strive to have the code published by Monday.

Will keep you posted!

3 Likes

Great news! I hope you and @alien-valley.io will come to an agreement and work towards a beneficial goal of the NoM…

Good luck!

4 Likes

The code is live!

Link to repo: GitHub - DexterLabZ/znn.ts: Zenon TypeScript SDK

5 Likes